[Serious] I think the job offer I accepted may have been a scam. (1 Viewer)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
At least you have made some profit. That $8000 could come in real handy.

But dude besides all the money! He knows everything about you, from where you live and the day you were born. Thats scary.

If someone who I didn't know had so much information about even me, I couldn't possibly live another day.
I don't think anyone is willing to do any serious jail time for 8k, and thereby exposing their money laundering circle.

legally speaking, money in bank isn't 'yours'. It's the bank. But when you have credit it just means the bank owes a debt to you.

Baggypants

HSC
Really? Idk, I spoke to a couple family friends who are lawyers and they said the same rule applies if you find lost cash. If no one claims it, it becomes yours. In this case, if those criminals don't try and reverse the transaction (which they might not risk since the police might be watching the transaction in and out of my account) then the money is mine. Well, I hope it becomes mine haha. 8k is almost 1 year of my hecs debt.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Really? Idk, I spoke to a couple family friends who are lawyers and they said the same rule applies if you find lost cash. If no one claims it, it becomes yours. In this case, if those criminals don't try and reverse the transaction (which they might not risk since the police might be watching the transaction in and out of my account) then the money is mine. Well, I hope it becomes mine haha. 8k is almost 1 year of my hecs debt.
Ye I think its yours. Best to use the money to fly to some rural location in a diff country and live as a low key farmer for the rest of your life

si2136

HSC
N/A
Of course this is a scam. This is money laundering and you could be an accessory to this crime.

Contact the bank and the police and get a lawyer ASAP.

NEVER accept money unless you absolutely see the reason to.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
OP i'm not sure what you've done about this but you should probably put a freeze on your credit if you haven't yet. As they have all of your personal information they could apply for loans under your name and you wouldn't know until years later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)