• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Shakespeqare Merchant of Venice Shylock (1 Viewer)

luv_munday

HSC
hey, everyone out ther, i was just wondering Did shylock get a fair treatment in MOV.. ( the shakespeare play)
I think that he did not get a just and fair treatment

Firstly he enter the contract with Antinio willing and they both know the consequence..
If that case is brought to court of today, i would say that their contract is vaild, antonio is stupid to trust in bassiono.. Bassion is an idiot.. he is enjoy his luck while letting his friend antonio who put his life on line to help him to get his love portia..

Shylock Don't deserve his treatment in the end.. (anti-semistic) something like that.

Please feel free to discuss ..:)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Shylock didn't deserve that treatment since he wasn't exactly 'evil', was just doing his job and uh wanted revenge on whoever had spat on him for being a Jew (forgot who it was). He was treated that way because he was Jewish I think. That book was so :sleep:

7.62 BOS

Banned
HSC
luv_munday said:
hey, everyone out ther, i was just wondering Did shylock get a fair treatment in MOV.. ( the shakespeare play)
I think that he did not get a just and fair treatment

Firstly he enter the contract with Antinio willing and they both know the consequence..
If that case is brought to court of today, i would say that their contract is vaild, antonio is stupid to trust in bassiono.. Bassion is an idiot.. he is enjoy his luck while letting his friend antonio who put his life on line to help him to get his love portia..

Shylock Don't deserve his treatment in the end.. (anti-semistic) something like that.

Please feel free to discuss ..:)
Shylock's pound of flesh would have killed Antonio, so no, he wasn't treated harshly.

davin

HSC
N/A
welcome to anti-semitism and historical views of jews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)