• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Shampoo for a guy? (1 Viewer)

Smoke Eater

HSC
N/A
I need advice.

The current shampoo when used makes my hair go all fizzy, brittle and little strands stands up everywhere. It's like I'm a mad scientist. The only way for it to go normal is to wait until the next day after sleeping then wet it down. Even if I rinse it the same day, it'll go back to the way it is.

My hair is all natural and I like to shampoo it every couple days (even through I probably shouldn't) as it gets greasy. But Patene Pro-V is just ruining my hair, its like it sucks my hair dry, causing these problems.

So what shampoo should I use? For a guy. Halp.

lvella10

HSC
It sounds like you and I have the same hair type -.- Which I feel so sorry for you about lol .. I find that using cheaper aldi type brands actually doesnt dry it out as much and doesnt allow it to get as greasy as fast

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Shampoo it every day. Buy different brands/types until you find one you like.

Smoke Eater

HSC
N/A
It sounds like you and I have the same hair type -.- Which I feel so sorry for you about lol .. I find that using cheaper aldi type brands actually doesnt dry it out as much and doesnt allow it to get as greasy as fast
Oh I mean it being greasy is the only way it looks good. It doesn't get ridiculously greasy and its better then what shampoo leaves it to be. We don't really have Aldi's in Melboune :/

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I use Dove Damage Therapy, Shampo and Conditioner, it's really good, doesn't leave the hair all screwed, give it a shot.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Pantene is a silicone based product so if you don't use a clarifying shampoo occasionally your hair is pretty much fucked up because it has layers upon layers of silicone on your hair which will make it like straw.

Just buy a cheap organic shampoo which will be infinitely better for your virgin hair. But first I would advise you washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo to get rid of all that build up.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I use head and shoulders and my hair perpetually silky smooth and dandruff-free.

loaves

HSC
Try a sulfate/SLS-free shampoo. So good for frizzy hair.

I Study Hard

HSC
Agreed with loaves.
Go for SLS free shampoo + conditioner.
Do NOT wash your hair every day (as someone else suggested) as the shampoo will strip your hair of its natural oils causing your scalp to overcompensate (resulting in greasy hair).
Go for every 2nd/3rd day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)