• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Shane K. Warne is the greatest test cricket bowler in the history of cricket. (1 Viewer)

?

• Agree. Warney was like a god on the pitch.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • fuck off. I hated Warne. He was shit and he fucking txted randoms.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
For the love of god who here agrees with me. Shane Warne was probably the only reason why I still watched test cricket after Steve Waugh left. Warne, for all his pussy fucking and affairs, many would claim the god himself gave Warne his own arm to bowl the balls the way he did.

In fact, I remember watching the Amazing Adelaide test match. It was the 06-07 Ashes series where Australia needed to bowl the Poms on the last day and then chase the runs for a grand victory. Could Australia puled it off without Warne? No way. NO FUCKING WAY.

He worked batsman out, he worked them over, he simply out-smarted him. He was a cricketing genius and it didn't matter if it took time or if it didn't - at the end, he had you. Single-handedly inspiring thousands of kids to pick up a cricket ball, he amused, bemused, and converted people all around the world.

Love him or loath him, Warne is the Greatest.

Last edited:

trickx

HSC
I cheered everytime he warmed up to bowl.

I moaned after every ball he bowled.

I screamed when he got a wicket.

I cried when he retired. =(

Roy9

HSC
Of course he is..... Murali would have no where near the amount of wickets Warne did if he actually played in a team with a decent bowling attack and versed a team like Bangladesh every 2nd series

Lentern

HSC
Pretty hard to ignore that Mcgraths average was about three runs lower.

Lentern

HSC
He's in the top 5 players of all time ... IMHO.
Those things are fairly subjective. Bradman whose views on cricket must surely be respected prefered O'reilly and Grimmett as leg spinners.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Perhaps Bradman died slightly too early. It's hard for us to comment about his generation but we will be truly blessed if a spinner as great as Warne is produced by Australia in our lifetime.

Lentern

HSC
Perhaps Bradman died slightly too early. It's hard for us to comment about his generation but we will be truly blessed if a spinner as great as Warne is produced by Australia in our lifetime.
I think the peak of Warnes career was before the shoulder injury so Bradman would have seen enough.

Charizard

HSC
easily.

Bradman wouldn't be the same player facing brett lee in his peak bowling 155km bouncers.

Warne is far and away the greatest.

Sculzyoner

HSC
Guys you can't compare any spinner to Warne. It is 'chalk and cheese'. Who's to say that Bradman's opinion was more valid than someone like Richie Benaud's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)