Shitty ranks at selective school (1 Viewer)

__samuelkim__

HSC
Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone had really really shit ranks at a selective school (bottom 10 ish) pls let me know what ur internals were like etc.

__samuelkim__

HSC
even if you havent sat the hsc yet if you got atar predictions n ur ranks were pre shit pls lmk i lowk need some advice here lmao

howcanibesmarter

HSC
i mean i go a pretty competitive selective school. For context I was ranked around bottom 20 for english in yr11, then for yr 12 i just consistently sought teacher feedback and peer reviews, etc.

By the end of yr12 I'm managed to squeeze a top 25 so its definitely doable to jump ranks. The person whom I shared materials/notes with, also struggled with english (He was bottom 15) but is now tied rank with me. So ig having someone similar level with u and improving together is very satisfying, and you can help each other.

Maths I was consistently getting Bs and Cs in my report leading up to yr11. My rank at the start of yr12 (first assessment) was rank 90/150 (not the bottom of the cohort, but I was in the bottom 3 of my class since I do 4u). During yr 11 my worst rank was like 110/150.

When I did my last assessment, I managed to rank 15/150, which is a huge improvement. All I did was just get help from higher rank students (luckily the same friend mentioned before was top3 so it definitely helped) but I also put in the effort by doing a lot of maths problems.

I feel like you want a little bit of reassurance, so hopefully you feel a little better after hearing its very possible to improve drastically.

But honestly I just popped off for at4. ik nothing always goes perfectly, I'm just lucky it happened for me so my ranks got saved a little bit.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
i mean i go a pretty competitive selective school. For context I was ranked around bottom 20 for english in yr11, then for yr 12 i just consistently sought teacher feedback and peer reviews, etc.

By the end of yr12 I'm managed to squeeze a top 25 so its definitely doable to jump ranks. The person whom I shared materials/notes with, also struggled with english (He was bottom 15) but is now tied rank with me. So ig having someone similar level with u and improving together is very satisfying, and you can help each other.

Maths I was consistently getting Bs and Cs in my report leading up to yr11. My rank at the start of yr12 (first assessment) was rank 90/150 (not the bottom of the cohort, but I was in the bottom 3 of my class since I do 4u). During yr 11 my worst rank was like 110/150.

When I did my last assessment, I managed to rank 15/150, which is a huge improvement. All I did was just get help from higher rank students (luckily the same friend mentioned before was top3 so it definitely helped) but I also put in the effort by doing a lot of maths problems.

I feel like you want a little bit of reassurance, so hopefully you feel a little better after hearing its very possible to improve drastically.

But honestly I just popped off for at4. ik nothing always goes perfectly, I'm just lucky it happened for me so my ranks got saved a little bit.
an academic weapon right here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)