• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Shopping in Melbounrne? (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Hi everyone,

Im going to Melbourne in the holidays, so, as the title says, where are some good places to go shopping? Shopping centres, streets, whatever. Im looking for your average malls like Westfields, with shops that arent too expensive, but still good ('just jeans' kinda price range)

Thanks in advance

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i dont remember about the shopping centres sorry :eek::eek::eek:

i know there are actual shopfronts around the markets similar to just jeans, im not sure if they are chainstores or not.

i havent been there in a good 3years so im struggling to remember

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Chadstone is the biggest mother-effing shopping centre i've ever seen. It has absolutely every store name ever.

But it's pretty far away, if you and your family don't have a car then it's a bit hard to get there, but if you are looking for department stores then definaetly go there if you can.

Also Southland is pretty big, and pretty far away.

There is a huge DFO in Moorabbin, and another one being built in the city (right in Spencer St station!) but it's not opening til November.

And Brunswick St is good for second hand stores and groovy alternative places, music, nightlife and shopping, while Bridge Rd has heaps of factory outlets (especially at the moment), and there's always Chapel St, but that's a bit expensive.

If you're looking for places to go out, Fitsroy (Brunswick St, Smith St, Gertrude St) are really fun. (It's near where I live, so of course.)

Hope it helps.

Ooh also, when you get to melbourne there is a tourist booth in Bourke St mall, they'll tell you where all the good places are and how to get there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)