Short Story? What Genre? (1 Viewer)

TangzBasher

I'm doing a short story and I was wondering what Genre other people are choosing for their short stories.

Time for a Poll!

TangzBasher

Right... don't know how to make the poll work so just post what genre ure doing then :p

zerzillia

story story, of "post-colonial" genre. it's not what i relate my story to, but what my story looks like to my teachers..... >.<

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Um.....fic..tion?
LOl i really dont know what to call it.
(any suggestions from people who've read my story?)

asha_ramirez

HSC
Ehh mine isn't post modern, its not a crime-fiction, it's not a fantasy... I guess it's a sort of psychological-drama... but I'm relating it to the theme of Tragedy in the English Advanced course (King Lear)... But tragedy may just be relating to my short story's quality, rather than the genre Ha Ha! I'm funny... maybe it should be a comedy....

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
apparently one of the reasons y i din't do so well in my viva was b'cos i didn't have a specific genre..... why do we need a genre anyway!!! isn't it up to the damn bookstores to decide into what section a book will go!!!!!

P.S. anyone who has read my story(One of the versions is in the critique thread)...pls tell me what genre it is in!!!! thanks xxx

*Flutterby*

sickwithlove said:
apparently one of the reasons y i din't do so well in my viva was b'cos i didn't have a specific genre..... why do we need a genre anyway!!! isn't it up to the damn bookstores to decide into what section a book will go!!!!!

P.S. anyone who has read my story(One of the versions is in the critique thread)...pls tell me what genre it is in!!!! thanks xxx
urs is mystery sweety

pitted

HSC
N/A
yeah i hate genre.

im doing it for ee1 (crime fiction) and from that i realised that i do not want my short story to be a part of any genre and i really dont think it is.

its got elements of post-modernism, science fiction, psychological thriller and a whole lot of conventions from crime-fiction to pretty much anything that i thought worked.

so that's bad cause i cant really go against any established conventions or anything its just me bumbling around in the dark....not good.

ciao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)