should i choose computer studies for year 11 or will it just scale my mark down (1 Viewer)

algalele20

HSC
:confused::eek: :eek: Hi guys should i choose computer studies for yr 11 nd 12 or will it scale my mark down, it is my favorite subject as iam really interested in computers plz guys i need ur help desperately thankyou!

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Well which comp subject do u want to do? IPT, SDD, VET IT? If u do well enough in your course (90+) scaling wont be that much of a big deal. But i must warn u IPT is REALLY BORING imo, but hey i still got 94 in it :p

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Yep, chose IPT cos that's the only computing course on offer, and now hating all the theory work :mad1: The practical stuff eg. website is good though! :D Main reason I chose it - I like working computers :D

algalele20

HSC
thanx guys thats why i wanted to choose it coz i love computers anyway one last question guys suppose i get 80 percent how much approximately will my mark scale down?:)

HSC
hard to predict at the moment. worst thing to do is to predict your future hsc marks/uai. all you have to do is make a general idea as to whether you'd be good at the subject or not?

"it is my favorite subject as iam really interested in computers plz guys i need ur help desperately thankyou!"
that should be enough support for you to do it.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
algalele20 said:
thanx guys thats why i wanted to choose it coz i love computers anyway one last question guys suppose i get 80 percent how much approximately will my mark scale down?:)
Your 80% raw mark isn't the same as the mark you get in the HSC (the marks you plug into SAM).

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
if u like the subject, you are more likely to do well at it..

therefore, scaling will have hardly any impact, as ur rank and marks are likely to be high

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
When choosing subjects, you should NOT take into consideration scaling, because if you do well in a subject, scaling won't affect you, and if you do badly in a subject with higher scaling, you will be worse off than doing well in a subject with lower scaling.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
choose a subject that
-you are interested in
-your are strong in
-has something to do with your prefered uni course

do not let scaling, teachers or peer pressure affect your decision.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
If you really enjoy computers then why not choose more than 1 course ? eg. SDD and IPT like i did. Other people do all 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)