Should I do bachelor nursing or a double degree in law and business? (1 Viewer)

Mae808

HSC
N/A
For the longest time, I've always wanted to do a double degree in law and business but recently I've been wanting to become a nurse and now I can't decide on which one I want to do. So I decided to do nursing first since it only went for 3 years and then my double degree which goes for 5 years. Which one would be better and what should I do?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
There are a number of factors that should be taken into consideration if you wish to make an informed decision.

Your personal interests:

It is clear from your post that both options appeal to you. If you feel that you cannot confidently answer a question like "Would you be more motivated/interested in studying nursing or law/business?", I think that you should approach this aspect by trying to determine elements that would give one option the edge over the other. For example:
  • Do you have an idea as to the particular field(s) of business that you wish to study as part of a Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws and do you feel that the multitude of business fields is an aspect of the business discipline that makes this option more suitable choice for you?
  • Of a hospital/hospital-like environment or an office environment, which would you consider to be more comfortable for you?
  • Do you feel like you would be happier to commit to a shorter period of study?
Alternatively, you could complete a Bachelor of Nursing first and then opt for a Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws like you are suggesting. However, although such an approach would eliminate all doubt, unless you have no issues with the substantial costs and study time associated with it, I would question the practicality of this idea.

Information relating to the degrees:

The advantage that is typically offered by double degrees is a wider range of employment opportunities. In your case, a Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws would enable you to work in either business or law, or a profession that combines the knowledge and skills gained from both fields. On the other hand, a Bachelor of Nursing will only allow you to work in nursing.

Additionally, it is important to note that ATAR requirements vary significantly between a Bachelor of Nursing and a Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws, where the latter typically requires a considerably higher ATAR. Of course, this does not suggest that it is impossible to study a Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws, especially if you achieve the required ATAR/selection rank and/or succeed in receiving an offer via a relevant scheme(s), which may vary depending on the university that you wish to attend.

I hope this helps! :D

dasfas

HSC
Talk to lawyers, talk to nurses - see which one you would enjoy more. Both fields require dedication and passion, you need to be sure that you love it and will persevere when it gets hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)