• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I do science extension???? And if so what should I drop (1 Viewer)

Steff07

HSC
Hi everyone,
I need some advice when coming into year 12 when considering what subjects I should drop and take up. First of all, I would like to know if you think that science extension is a subject that is worth taking up or if it will cause me unnecessary stress. I am currently doing well in science and placing first in Chemistry and Biology.

My subjects right now in year 11 include:
- Advanced maths
- Advanced English
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Studies of religion 2
- Pdhpe

If I were to pick up a science extension which ones would you recommend I drop? I know the easy option would be to drop to one unit of SOR but I am currently really enjoying the subject and it is a requirement to do at least one unit of religion at my school. I also enjoy all of my other subjects and don't dislike any of them.

As for chemistry, I am finding the content quite hard but in my recent in-depth study, I obtained full marks. So I'm not sure if it would be worth dropping as it is the biggest stress in my life but also weighs out with my best-performing subject. And then also if I were to drop chemistry I would only be left with biology as a science, lowering the difficulty of my overall subjects.

Is it stupid to do 13 units and just keep them all?????

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steff07

HSC
Also, does anyone know if extension science is worth the stress or if it even scales well???

Angie123

HSC
Definitely do science extension if it's something you are passionate about! If you have the passion, you are going to work hard and therefore receive good results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)