SHOULD I DO SCIENCE EXTENSION? (1 Viewer)

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
So in our school science extension is running this year and i got elected because i had an overall mark of 80% in biology. Should i do it or no? I was considering not dropping any subjects for yr 12 so i don't know if science extensions can make it harder for me since we have it 4 times a fortnight. If i keep it will it be good for my ATAR or like any special curriculum? We still have to do a computer based HSC exam for it and through the whole year we have to do a major project. Is the major project as a group or individually and how does it affect my atar?

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
If you are thinking about doing anything to do with science in university then yeah I would say do it because you will get a little glimpse into research. Project is probably individual I would assume since it is going towards ATAR and that is an individual mark.

akaalfauj

HSC
It isn't difficult, it is definitely the easiest major work. You can do the entire report within a week and isn't that much harder than doing science experiments/reports in junior schooling. The syllabus content is also very easy and easy to learn and the subject in general is a bludge. (If you do it do a first hand experiment so that you can get your data, or even fake it if you have to. You will stuff up if you do a second hand investigation.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)