Should I drop business or Industrial Tech Multimedia? Are my subjects good scaling? (5 Viewers)

Domino198

HSC
Hey guys I'm in Year 11 and im really torn between which subject to drop between Business and Industrial Tech Multimedia. I am aiming to get into UNSW Comp Sci and I'm just worried that my subjects are kinda low scaling. My subjects are:

- Maths Advanced - doing really well in Maths
- Eng Advanced - not doing rlly well in English
- Modern History - doing very well
- Economics - doing well
- Industrial Tech - doing mid
- Business Studies - absolutely hate it.

I am thinking of doing History Extension in Year 12. However whether I drop business studies or industrial tech depends if history extension runs. All im worried is that whether my current subjects are sufficient enough to get into UNSW Comp Sci whose lowest selection rank is 90.0.

I just need help on which subject to drop Industrial Tech or Business

svad

HSC
People say scaling shouldn't matter as long as you do well on the subject, but Industrial Tech scales horribly. A 70/100 can scale down all the way to a 30, and even if you get 100, its going to scale down to a 95. But on the contrary, if you hate business, the lack of commitment and interest will generally result in lower marks, and a 70/100 will scale to a 50. The breaking point is a high band 5.

So if you want to go off purely scaling ability, drop Tech. However if you think you can't get above a band 5 in Business, drop Business instead.

K2Trappy

HSC
Hey guys I'm in Year 11 and im really torn between which subject to drop between Business and Industrial Tech Multimedia. I am aiming to get into UNSW Comp Sci and I'm just worried that my subjects are kinda low scaling. My subjects are:

- Maths Advanced - doing really well in Maths
- Eng Advanced - not doing rlly well in English
- Modern History - doing very well
- Economics - doing well
- Industrial Tech - doing mid
- Business Studies - absolutely hate it.

I am thinking of doing History Extension in Year 12. However whether I drop business studies or industrial tech depends if history extension runs. All im worried is that whether my current subjects are sufficient enough to get into UNSW Comp Sci whose lowest selection rank is 90.0.

I just need help on which subject to drop Industrial Tech or Business
keep business and hire me as ur tutor unless I fuck up hsc and trials

Domino198

HSC
People say scaling shouldn't matter as long as you do well on the subject, but Industrial Tech scales horribly. A 70/100 can scale down all the way to a 30, and even if you get 100, its going to scale down to a 95. But on the contrary, if you hate business, the lack of commitment and interest will generally result in lower marks, and a 70/100 will scale to a 50. The breaking point is a high band 5.

So if you want to go off purely scaling ability, drop Tech. However if you think you can't get above a band 5 in Business, drop Business instead.
I know I can get the marks in Business and I even got a 90% in a home assignment after starting three days before it was due. The thing is at the start of the year, I got this horrible health issue that gave me terrible anxiety. This unneeded anxiety + business's oversized content piling over me just led to a fuse blowing up in my mind. Im in a better place fortunately in terms of health issues, its just that business has become a very boring subject rather than it getting on my nerves.

I love multimedia, it's just that I cant commit any time to it. I believe right now, I should just grind and get my marks necessary to get into Comp Science rn. I think I'll drop industrial tech then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 1)