should I drop chem or latin (1 Viewer)

ritaree

HSC
I can drop one subject, and it has to be one of those two because 1) I hate them both and 2) they're my worst subjects. I'm not sure which one to drop though. I'm thinking of keeping latin because I've been doing it since y7, but recently my assessment results have been kinda bad. On the other hand, my chem results so far have been at least average even though I don't understand most of the content and I basically study the night before each test.

I guess it's like, I put 60% effort into studying for latin and get a bit below average. I put 30% effort into studying for chemistry and get average. I'm reluctant to do chemistry since it fries my brain and I've hated it since the first lesson, but I don't know how to change my study methods for latin aside from 'try harder' so that I can do better in the next assessment. Latin is also a lot of work, so I'd be putting in a lot of effort into a subject that I'm not doing particularly well in (and have been wanting to drop since y9). Then again, I've missed a lot of chem lessons and don't understand the current content at all, so I'd still be putting in work to catch up on all that.

All in all, I just have no motivation to do either of these subjects because I hate them, but I have to pick one.

Please help :( thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)