Should i Drop Math Advanced? (2 Viewers)

JKF66

HSC
I am currently at the beginning of the final Year 11 term in week 2, Should i Drop Math advanced as in my assessments i am Averaging less than 30% and am Struggling with the content, or Should i continue at least until the End of prelims which are in 7-8 weeks?

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
I am currently at the beginning of the final Year 11 term in week 2, Should i Drop Math advanced as in my assessments i am Averaging less than 30% and am Struggling with the content, or Should i continue at least until the End of prelims which are in 7-8 weeks?
it depends - are you putting all your effort in, are you doing the absolute best you can do, and still getting these marks? is this something you know that you can improve in if you tried? if you’ve tried everything to no avail, it could be a good idea to drop to std 2. in my experience, i had been in 5.3 and then advanced up until term 2 year 11 when i decided to drop because even though my marks weren’t that bad (around 70-80%) it just felt impossible. this was the best decision i had ever made, as now ive gotten 100% in all my maths assessments and it’s on things i actually enjoy doing and studying for. this could be the same for you! obviously im not telling you to drop if you like the advanced content and feel that you can do better, just consider what’s best for you. a better idea is to ask your teacher what they think you should do, if they think you can improve and yk just get their opinion. good luck!

C_master

HSC
Standard is more suited for u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)