• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should i drop maths? (1 Viewer)

ivyska

HSC
I do 12 units and maths is by far my worse subject..... I want to-do oral health and therapy at usyd preferably, and it doesn't SEEM like i need maths, is there anything major I should know if I don't complete maths? One of the girls last year who was second in my school didn't do maths, and apparently she had some issues with scholarships, so I am a bit worried, but maths (adv) is by far mine and my school's worst subject :/ (also I will get some crazy studies from doing it fr)

wildwestworm

HSC
I think it's best you keep maths or at least drop to standard. Oral health will definitely use maths and I think you'd benefit from keeping some sort of maths subject, especially for uni. I wouldn't completely drop it🤔

wollongong warrior

HSC
I do 12 units and maths is by far my worse subject..... I want to-do oral health and therapy at usyd preferably, and it doesn't SEEM like i need maths, is there anything major I should know if I don't complete maths? One of the girls last year who was second in my school didn't do maths, and apparently she had some issues with scholarships, so I am a bit worried, but maths (adv) is by far mine and my school's worst subject :/ (also I will get some crazy studies from doing it fr)
imo keep maths and pull through it.
You're going into a stem field and you never know when nor where it'll pop up
e.g. exhibit 1
People who went into food technology/nutrition at unsw thinking they'll never touch maths again, and hence not taken it in hsc, would've gotten pummelled right now since it's classified as an engineering degree and you need to get familiar with ext 2 topics within 1-2 weeks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)