• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I give up studying for a subject I know won't be counted (3 Viewers)

dnkndfgkndkjfngkjn

HSC
Guys I'm screwed for Engineering subject. I look at the exam and I can't answer basically anything, and I got 48% for my trial exam. I can't fix this in 2 weeks on top of my other 11 units for which I need to study.

Should I stop studying entirely or do a little bit of work or do a lot and try to fix it?

My other subjects are like eng standard, math advanced, software, french cont and ext, chem. My lowest trial excl engineering was math and chem tied at 65% which I reckon I can boost to 75-80 in Hsc.

But of course I know that my bad score wil hurt everyone else in Engineering too, Even though for me it will be a net positive due to the time I can reassign else where.

What do you think?

vajayjay

HSC
Yes I'd give it up. Mamimise the atar contribution in other subjects rather than trying to bring up a score that will barely make a difference atp

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys I'm screwed for Engineering subject. I look at the exam and I can't answer basically anything, and I got 48% for my trial exam. I can't fix this in 2 weeks on top of my other 11 units for which I need to study.

Should I stop studying entirely or do a little bit of work or do a lot and try to fix it?

My other subjects are like eng standard, math advanced, software, french cont and ext, chem. My lowest trial excl engineering was math and chem tied at 65% which I reckon I can boost to 75-80 in Hsc.

But of course I know that my bad score wil hurt everyone else in Engineering too, Even though for me it will be a net positive due to the time I can reassign else where.

What do you think?
Score bottom on your cohort for the engineering class so no one will be impacted

vajayjay

HSC
Score bottom on your cohort for the engineering class so no one will be impacted
It doesn’t work like that. Keep that sentiment tho, just sit the exam stress free. Or just drop if it’s not to late

dnkndfgkndkjfngkjn

HSC
It doesn’t work like that. Keep that sentiment tho, just sit the exam stress free. Or just drop if it’s not to late
I mean its school holidays so I dont think I can drop. I should have dropped this after trials but that's in the past now. Ill just write random stuff on the day Im not gonna study for it at all. My rank is 5/10 in my school for engineering with maybe like 65% average for year 12 so I probably can't tank my score too much further but yea

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I mean its school holidays so I dont think I can drop. I should have dropped this after trials but that's in the past now. Ill just write random stuff on the day Im not gonna study for it at all. My rank is 5/10 in my school for engineering with maybe like 65% average for year 12 so I probably can't tank my score too much further but yea
Do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)