• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should I stop studying for RE? (1 Viewer)

science

HSC
So, I go to a catholic school, and in all their wisdom, RE is a compulsory subject. The other subjects i do are math ext 1, and 2, physics and chem, and advanced eng. I chose 2 unit RE (in hindsight, I don't know why), and to be honest stopped studying for it as much as i should be around term 2 when it became apparent it wasnt going to count. Now after trials Im sitting in 1st position in all those subjects (bar english, but it counts regardless so), and as such am almost certain that unless i eg dont turn up for the hsc exams, everything is going to get a better mark than my re will be- so my question is should i even dedicate any time to it? I know everyone says oh but you need a safety net- but i just don't think i need it at all, im obviously not going to use it (fingers crossed i guess). The only other thing is I'd feel bad for the rest of my cohort, because despite not studying im still ranking 15 ish, and thus taking assessment marks from people whilst contributing not very much, that obviously disadvantages them.

Thanks in advance

HSC
So, I go to a catholic school, and in all their wisdom, RE is a compulsory subject. The other subjects i do are math ext 1, and 2, physics and chem, and advanced eng. I chose 2 unit RE (in hindsight, I don't know why), and to be honest stopped studying for it as much as i should be around term 2 when it became apparent it wasnt going to count. Now after trials Im sitting in 1st position in all those subjects (bar english, but it counts regardless so), and as such am almost certain that unless i eg dont turn up for the hsc exams, everything is going to get a better mark than my re will be- so my question is should i even dedicate any time to it? I know everyone says oh but you need a safety net- but i just don't think i need it at all, im obviously not going to use it (fingers crossed i guess). The only other thing is I'd feel bad for the rest of my cohort, because despite not studying im still ranking 15 ish, and thus taking assessment marks from people whilst contributing not very much, that obviously disadvantages them.

Thanks in advance
If it's not going to count then there's no point of studying for it. Better off refocusing the time into your important subjects and maximising your marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)