• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I study law as a way to increase my employability? (1 Viewer)

GL1001

HSC
Currently studying a B.A but I have the Atar to do a B.A and Law degree. I'm considering transferring since it'll be an extra few years but the payoff will be worthwhile.

The thing is, I dont know if I'm cut out for law. I have never done any legal studies at high school or university and I'm not sure if I'll have a passion for it. I've studied a lot of politics and political philosophy, which I love, is legal theory similar to this? Any advice?

lawstu

HSC
Part of legal theory is, in some respects, similar to politics and political philosophy; but, as I have not studied politics and political philosophy, I can't exactly make that statement on valid grounds.

As this could be an opportunity of a lifetime (and a dream to others) and could determine the rest of your life, perhaps you could try law for a while to see if you cut the cheese, are good at it (at least law school, which is distinct from in the real world), and are interested in it.

Employability depends on what you're gunning for and the grades and skills you pick up along the way.

Hope that helped somehow. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)