• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Significance of the hsc? (1 Viewer)

dwksyd

HSC
Hi guys
After a few strenuous months leading up to the half yearlies Ive been contemplating my options. I had a great year 11 academically- top 5 in everything, however a few health issues during the first term of year 12 really set me back. As a result I have accumulate many estimates and disappointing marks. I have simply reached the point where continuing at a normal pace is unrealistic- catching up on many absences in term 1 doesn't help.
Looking for alternatives, i came across tafe courses and uni foundation programs which I am eligible for and will get me into my desired course. I wish to go into accounting/economics, however I am concerned not having completed my HSC will impact on my cv and employment prospects. Would this significantly hamper employment prospects?
Cheers

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
No one cares about the HSC once it is over. Get into the foundation course ----> university degree, and that's it.

I should really add that UWS is extremely leninet. Seeing your situation, and if you apply for EAS, you'll easy make into uni.

dwksyd

HSC
just finish the HSC -> UWS -> job or get internal transfer and go to another uni -> UNSW
how necessary is it to complete the year (or the hsc) though? If I dropped out now and found another path into uni would that necessarily put me at disadvantage later on?

astroman

HSC
how necessary is it to complete the year (or the hsc) though? If I dropped out now and found another path into uni would that necessarily put me at disadvantage later on?
it would be good if you wan't a job before uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)