Situation Help - Business Studies (1 Viewer)

hafsah_

HSC
Can someone help me with this situation that I'm in. Basically, there are two Business classes in my cohort and we both have different teachers. My teacher's okay, meaning he does his part, we do ours, when we ask for help, he helps us and whatever. The other teacher is a HSC marker, has more teaching experience, and his essay feedback is more thorough and I prefer it more. For eg. my teacher gave me a 20/20 on an essay and I was over the moon but the other teacher gave me a 13/20 for the same one and it made so much sense why (I didn't even answer the directive verb at all).

The problem is that I've already had him check two of my essays and have improved on some aspects already which I'm happy about, but some people from his class are so spiteful about it and keep staring at me when they see me gain his feedback during breaks but no one is stopping them from asking for help. Also, when I ask him for help, my teacher is in the same staffroom which kinda makes it awkward but the other teacher takes me out of the staffroom and discusses elsewhere where many people end up seeing me and it'll be so repetitive for the both of us. I'm starting to feel like I should get a tutor or pay someone to check my essays. Should I or not because I don't want to overload him with essays either?

hafsah_

HSC
who cares about what others think?

that's literally their job anyways
The thing is that I don't want to bother the other teacher too much either with essays because he's not my teacher. But at the same time, it's not like I have an essay on his table every week or anything but yeah.

aqwerty13402

HSC
The thing is that I don't want to bother the other teacher too much either with essays because he's not my teacher. But at the same time, it's not like I have an essay on his table every week or anything but yeah.
I promise you (as someone who gives my teachers responses every few days), most of them will appreciate the effort that you are putting in. Regadless, even if the teacher despised you for it, he's going to give you feedback anyway which is what is important for you to do well. You'll regret it if you stop asking for help and decline as a result

hafsah_

HSC
I promise you (as someone who gives my teachers responses every few days), most of them will appreciate the effort that you are putting in. Regadless, even if the teacher despised you for it, he's going to give you feedback anyway which is what is important for you to do well. You'll regret it if you stop asking for help and decline as a result
Yeah, you have a strong point there. It's a good thing he's always willing to help out students and is the type of teacher to be friendly towards us which I really appreciate about him. I just hope he doesn't turn around one day and tells me to stop or anything, which I don't think a teacher would do but idk. That's why I was asking if I should pay someone to check them because I don't want my performance to decline. I think I'm just paranoid about it tbh 😭.

aqwerty13402

HSC
Yeah, you have a strong point there. It's a good thing he's always willing to help out students and is the type of teacher to be friendly towards us which I really appreciate about him. I just hope he doesn't turn around one day and tells me to stop or anything, which I don't think a teacher would do but idk. That's why I was asking if I should pay someone to check them because I don't want my performance to decline. I think I'm just paranoid about it tbh 😭.
It's okay thats a reasonable point, but don't stress about it. We've only got 7 months left, i'm sure he'll hold off fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)