• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sleep and Uni (1 Viewer)

xiphias

HSC
Hi there, i've started University this year at UOW and i was curious if anyone could help me with this problem. I use to work out a bit but never 100% properly right (just for a bit of background) i stoped that mid way through HSC and never started again and never saw any change in the way i was. I now am at uni an am noticing that im always tired when i come home, during the lectures and sleep all the time at home. I have pretty poor sleeping habits but this never effected me before. Here is a short list of things that i find that annoy me

* i'm allways tired when i come home
* i get the cold alot more easily
* when i try to read or do something i pretty much just end up going to bed
* i have zero motivation to do stuff
* headaches

* Oh i also have lectures from 8-5 Tuesday to Thursday and work 8-4 on fri-sat & have monday half day till 12 and sundays off

How do i resolve this.. Please HELP

gracie007

HSC
haha
thats exactly like me
every single day
since like year 11
i got tested for everything under the sun at the doctors and they couldnt find an answer. i personally think it might be chronic fatigue syndrome but who knows. my mum thinks its just 'laziness' and 'unfitness' but i dunno...
the only thing thats diff with me is that my sleeping patterns are fine...i mean, ill come home, have a 2-3 hr nap, sleep in till lunch on weekends, and every single night i sleep straight thru the night. its crazy. always tired no matter what!
anyways u should go to the doc just incase...get them to check ur iron levels, fitness levels, thyroid gland...and maybe a CT scan (i got all of these and they all came back normal).
its retarded!

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
its stress peeps, i had the same shit, it stopped and now i think its comming back...

tell me, are you always thinking about negative things? or thinking of upcomming events, or things u should of and shouldnt of done??

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Exercise, eat regularly and healthily, allow for 8 hours of sleep. Try that for two or so weeks and if you're still tired, see a doctor.

rozymisty

HSC
Go and use the counselling services at your uni and they can help you manage your time and study much better. Get a good diet, rich in brain foods, and low in fat, iron, bananas are good brain food (but prices are going up again!). DO NOT read in bed, taht will make you more tired, get sore back and strain everything, not to mention uncomfortable, and you wont go to sleep later on.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Well, I certainly wouldn't be too concerned about falling asleep in lectures. :p

Can't offer much more help than that though.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
caffeine is your friend... in large amounts :D
Just be prepared to be absolutely exhausted once it wears off and you hit the caffeine low.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Then you get some more caffeine into you. Although I do try to limit myself to like, 2 per day. Helps you to stay awake in lectures if you alternate between printing off the notes one week, and taking notes the next.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Then you get some more caffeine into you.
True. I've been getting into getting a mocha from the cart outside the library in order to relax myself from public transport before I start working. (Or 'start' 'working', at least.) Don't know why my chosen method of relaxation is to pump myself full of caffeine and sugar, but who gives a crap.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
balance is the key. from your post, it looks like you are working too much - try getting rid of one of those days of work, because otherwise you are just going to run yourself into the ground.

and obviously aim for 8 hours of sleep every night, eat breakfast - healthy is better, do some light exercise every day or two......all this is easier said than done but it probably will help.

so cut back your work hours - surely you don't need that much money - and go from there!

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
You have pretty long days, maybe you've burnt yourself out a bit? Stress or doing too much can do that to you, but a trip to the dr would probably be a really good idea.

RED BULL, good stuff to keep you awake. :D

gracie007 said:
haha
i personally think it might be chronic fatigue syndrome but who knows
I've had that for 4 years, basically no social life at all and im screwed with uni :[

touma88

HSC
Im also experiencing it now at uni and the worse thing is that it always leads to procrastination.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
uhawww said:
I thought that was all natural.
Yeah, it happens at uni.

And yeah, start making friends with caffeine.

ALLLICE

HSC
I'm messed up...how is it that 1am became early on in the night?! :(:(:(

someone needs to make me sleep/ kick my ass out of bed in the am

...I'm just so lazy

ALLLICE

HSC
*pulls the dart out of her neck*

Too late :eek:

*collapses*

zzz..zzzzz..z

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes...darts...*puts cloth back into pocket*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)