• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

sleeping after eating (1 Viewer)

ikDG

HSC
is it any different to sitting in front of the tv for 2 hours?

apparantly you burn more calories when sleeping :S

quik.

HSC
Sumo wrestlers eat a fucktonne of food and then go to sleep to put on weight.

Edit: I suppose to be a bit more helpful, turn off the tv and go outside. When you're assessing calories burnt when sitting watching tv compared to sleeping, there's a bit of an issue.

Last edited:

ace17

HSC
It's a good idea to stay awake after you've eaten, although it entirely depends on the circumstances and type of food.
For example, it is a good idea to have an easily digestible source of protein (eg. whey shake) right before you go to bed if you are involved in some kind of decent exercise program, especially if it involves heavy weight lifting. As peak secretion of HGH occurs around about an hour after the onset of sleep, this is the optimal time for muscle repair and regrowth (hence the protein). If you are a fat hobo that plays xbox and eats nachos all day, hoping to get fit by sleeping and eating I think you'll find more success with the bowflex extreme and abking pro :p.

rozymisty

HSC
You burn more calories sleeping coz your body is working hard to repair itself and stuff like that.

Dont eat carbs soon before bed coz then they get digested while your stomach should be resting and thus you cant sleep.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
My favourite afternoon eating plan? Meat Pie and rice sandwich or two (Seriously try it, it's awesome...don't forget to add sauce and salt) then a nice catatonic sleep for an hour or two. I just get so sleepy after eating. My theory is, the blood that's normally in my head has gone to my stomach to digest the food, so I get all sleepy.

hairspray

HSC
do NOT eat before sleeping unless you wanna gain weight.

My eating plan is to eat a good breakfast and have a HUGE lunch. Since lunch is at about 1pm, i would still have time to burn off all the calories. I have well portioned dinner, if i eat only a small dinner i would be more likely to munch on bread later on in the night. VERY bad !

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: sleeping after eating

hairspray said:
do NOT eat before sleeping unless you wanna gain weight.

My eating plan is to eat a good breakfast and have a HUGE lunch. Since lunch is at about 1pm, i would still have time to burn off all the calories. I have well portioned dinner, if i eat only a small dinner i would be more likely to munch on bread later on in the night. VERY bad !
true from experience

Rock On

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)