• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Small Medium Enterprises (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the average annual turnover is for a medium-sized business, and the average assest value for a medium sized business.

Jacaranda textbook only provides the information on turnover and asset value for small businesses

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance! :D

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
my dad's bus turns over around $500,000 a month average HOWEVER this particular business is one which requires large expendature on materials, therefore turning up little profit out of the turnover... so i dunno and it's a small-medium business with around 40-50 employee's, assets probly worth alot, i dun actually know how much.

I would however say that 120,000 for a small business's turnover, if that's yearly turn over you're pretty far off man.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Not-That-Bright
my dad's bus turns over around $500,000 a month average HOWEVER this particular business is one which requires large expendature on materials, therefore turning up little profit out of the turnover... so i dunno and it's a small-medium business with around 40-50 employee's, assets probly worth alot, i dun actually know how much.

I would however say that 120,000 for a small business's turnover, if that's yearly turn over you're pretty far off man.
umm... implying the figure is under or over? .... if u think the gross profit is more than that.. u r prob right... if u think 120k is far over, then i must say the biz is a quite exceptional biz...

features:

- famili run (prob save some wage expenses)

- cheap rent (its in Enfield - not a populated suburb, on a highway-difficult to park)

- on average they do 3 to 7 weddings per months, therefore lots of $$

- they overcharge for all cuts and styles

- winner of Best small Biz award in the Inner-west area for 4 yrs consectiveli, and their customer base increase by at elast 4% each time they win the award

- newli renovated, hence top faciilities

- opening hrs: mon- friday 9am to 6pm, on thursday they close at around 10 (meant to be 8.30, but they never can never finish all the customers within the closing hr), open on sat and sunday, 10am to late

personal experience: last thursday, i went and wanted to get my hair trimed and layered + blowdry, i went at 4.30, and they finsihed me around 8pm, thatz how buzy they are.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
so their YEARLY turnover is 120,000 ?
say.... 1/2 of that is expendatures...
u only have 60,000 left...
if there's 2 employee's they're on 30g's which is below the average national wage.
That's being generous on the expendatures too.. usually i think it'd be more like 120,000 then 100,000 would be expendature 20g's left over...

seems like maybe u meant the monthly's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)