• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SMH Young Writers Comp. (1 Viewer)

HSC
My teacher told myself and the other ext2 writer to enter, he did and I didn't. He's a regional finalist and I'm obscure. :)

So How many of you entered the SMH competition? Seems like something a few of us must have done so I'm just curious to see who's entered and how they went.

ashimation

HSC
I didn't even know you had to 'enter'.... oh wait. This isn't the 'young writers showcase'...rightio...

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I entered, but didn't make it to final, unfortuinately... Maybe it was too taboo... death and art and all...

Someone at my school DID make it to finals, tho... his was about taking camera shots... with allusion to death.

I guess the old folks can accept death allusions more readily than explicit death dexcriptions...

Wanna read my work?
http://www.fictionpress.com/~sadisticzephyr

"Art of Death" is the title

"Memories of an Antagonist" i entered last year... I got a sort-of "thanks for trying" sheet of paper...

-P_D

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Neither did our school. I'm suprised because we have some extremely talented writers who would have jumped at the opportunity to showcase their works.

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
Haha... my teacher told me and my friend to enter it... we did, but I got nothing. Dunno about him.

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Considering I had done a first draft in term 2, I would have entered. Wouldn't have got anything though since that draft was shite.

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Tried entering, but got disheartened about how slowly my story was progressing and stopped writing entirely. A shame too, because a friend of mine entered her story and it made the regional finalists.

J

jhakka

emmaj3an said:
How do you enter? It's obviously toolate now, but is it running again this yr???
Short story comps like this have been running since I was in Year 7. Odds are there'll be another one soon enough. :)

princesskt

HSC
lilyflower16 said:
I entered, got a highly commended which I never saw because my teacher lost it. :mad:
that sucks majorly!!

i do hope there'll be more, i love writing comps. i came 2nd in a state wide one last year :D haha. mm yes, but congrats to everyone else!! was there a set topic for it?

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
for smh young writers comp you have to be in schooll..
info is sent out at the end of term one..
if you google it, heaps of the past works come up.
personal favourites include the one by the William Kostakis kid, and Cathy Cootes.

Sianon

HSC
i entered, got a commendation or something. the top 8% of the state or something along those lines. i didnt realise it was that prestegious.... oh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)