• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So, hows it going? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
For all the people who have moved, hows it going???

I'm going alright, been here a week... my flatmates are ok (there is still one to move in). THe guy I am living with is really nice and friendly, the girl is nice but she is a bit of a party animal and I must say I was not too impressed when I was so tired last night and there was about 8 drunk people in our lounge being very very loud... plus I didn't end up having dinner because I felt bad cooking when there would only be enough for me.... I don't care that much at the moment, but during semester when I have uni and work I will be pissed off....

There has been lots of fun stuff to do though.... pub crawls, pub crawls, bbqs, pub crawls, tropfest, pub crawls......

On the subject of work, I have a few leads which look very very promising so I am just crossing my fingers and hoping at the moment!!!! One of the shops I walked in to, and they asked me to make coffees, and I made them and she remarked on how quick I was and said she would call me soon so that sounds promising to me!!!!

So how are you all going settling in to your new places?

But all I can say is that my accomodation is awesome and totally OWNS every other uni's accomodation!

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
I moved to CSU Wagga and am living on campus. So far its been great! The people are great, the Residential Advisors are excellent and I feel pretty much at home here.

O'week was a blast. Just wish that I had proof to show that I am 18 so that I could have some alcohol..

Oh and I've already made lots of friends :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i haven't even started uni, but the thought of it rocks!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Glad you guys are having fun in Sydney, its a great city! :p

Ribbon

Uni is pretty good... I am in share accomodation and get along with both my housematesa thoguh they don't get along with each other so one is moving out in a few weeks! The house I am in is really nice, not to expensive, and although not exactly close to the uni, I don't mind the travel... didn't get drunk in any of the o-week activities but did go to the uni bar and others the friday night before o-week and had a blast...

oh and I must say, having seen the on-campus accomodation (well one of the colledges here anyway) and heard about it from people staying there... my share house ownz :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
By the way, the title of this thread sounds like a pickup line:lol:.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
And guess what! I got a job *does the "I'm employed" dance*.

Hows this for cool. I went job hunting on Tuesday. Started work at 10am Wednesday. Have a 5 hour shift today (Thursday). Sweet!!! The city rocks.... in Albury you can't get a job unless you have connections!

BUT I'm still a bit unsure if I have the job or if I am on trial.... either way.....

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Making coffees and selling pre made sandwiches. It's at central station, so nice and close.... well, everything is close here lol....

~Dreamer

HSC
hey kkorps! what course are you doing?!
i moved to wagga as well, having a blast, met alotta people too, good luck to you all!

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
Originally posted by ~Dreamer
hey kkorps! what course are you doing?!
i moved to wagga as well, having a blast, met alotta people too, good luck to you all!
Herro! I'm doing B Teach (sec)/ B Info Tech. hehehe,.. I'm having loads of fun learning calculus ..not! What course are u doing?

Did yah go to Toga Night? I didn't.. missed out coz i didn't bother lining up early for tickets.. :p

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Eh? Damn you and your living-within-walking-distance-from-everything. :mad1:
mwahahaha.. u still have to take the train or drive to the city [if u can bothered]. Maybe I shouldn't transfer at the end of the year.. having to much fun!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yeeess!! first time in four or so days i've been online.Here in Melbourne it's great but at the same time alot of responsibility to look after myself. AK Gumbi is here too (sitting besides me) so yeah, just looking forward to having fun in Medicine next week.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
haha i went to Paramatta today to go shopping. Man i walk around in a dream, i think im still at home.. Got a bit lost, couldent find the train station, then couldent find what platform to get on lol...nah its cool now im back home at uni
LOL.. how could you get lost around westfield... i know that place like it was the back of my hand!! LOL!!

you guys sound like your having so much fun living on campus!! i want to move on campus as well.. the only thing i'd hate is the looking after myself... i don't think i can cope without mum's cooking!!

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
you guys sound like your having so much fun living on campus!! i want to move on campus as well.. the only thing i'd hate is the looking after myself... i don't think i can cope without mum's cooking!!
yah huh! Living on campus is great! hehehe.. I got used to looking after myself and am doing pretty good. Evenutally you get used to food.. and you start to imagine that u are eating you mum's cooking so that you dont feel too homesick :)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Hi -

I moved to Churchill Sunday for o-week and got back today. Haven't been on the net since the 21st.

Anyway, made the most out of the free meals provided (my area is self-catered) missed one breakfast, little too much to drink. Went to a disco night, an opening ceremony dinner, official Monash Uni Gippsland welcoming for 1st yr students, a "magical mystery tour" had to wear all black + sunnies - the point to it, well hmmm, basically just drove around the area - small town, very small!!! Went to the local Saloon Monday, Tues, Wednesday night. Actually like VB now. ;)

House mates are okay, at the moment there are 4 (including me)all girls, one who is an international student. Sunday got the returning students moving in(2), apparently also female.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)