So.....i’m in a dilemma with my subjects at this time. (1 Viewer)

catdijon

HSC
So i recently changed from physics to ancient history and turns out I actually dislike ancient history. So in the back of my head i was thinking of doing english ext 1 and business instead of sor and ancient history. However, this means i need to catch up on one whole module of business and i’m scared of my capabilities to do english ext 1, especially with the workload. So should i take the risk at this time?

Minari243

HSC
i guess it really depends on how much you dislike ancient history. If I was in ur situation, if I really hated ancient history, I'd much rather catch up on business instead of continuing to do ancient history for 2 years. Since you're still in your prelims and your grades don't count to your HSC I think you should just swap and make it easier and more enjoyable for yourself when your grades count. If you're worried about your yr 11 grades stuffing up I think its more worthwhile to have a good hsc mark and a bad yr 11 mark than the other way around. In the end it's your choice though. I'm not quite sure for english ext but you can always drop it if you feel too overwhelmed doing it (assuming you have enough units)

idkkdi

HSC
So i recently changed from physics to ancient history and turns out I actually dislike ancient history. So in the back of my head i was thinking of doing english ext 1 and business instead of sor and ancient history. However, this means i need to catch up on one whole module of business and i’m scared of my capabilities to do english ext 1, especially with the workload. So should i take the risk at this time?
lol, depends on why you dislike ur subjects.

imo, business is more boring than ancient history which is more boring than physics.

ext 1 english is perfectly manageable if you like writing essays. english ext 1 doesn't cover that much, its moreso about writing a crapload.

catdijon

HSC

imo, business is more boring than ancient history which is more boring than physics.

ext 1 english is perfectly manageable if you like writing essays. english ext 1 doesn't cover that much, its moreso about writing a crapload.
Since i came in late for ancient history as well because my head teacher was really late in doing subject changes. I geniunely dont have a passion for ancient content as much as modern. Like theres so many names and sources its very overbearing.

laterz laterz

HSC

I personally think business is pretty fun if you understand the concepts and do a bit more out of the box than just cramming all the stuff in the textbook

Want90Atar

HSC
haha this post reminded me of year 11 me 1 i changed from so many subjects

catdijon

HSC
haha this post reminded me of year 11 me 1 i changed from so many subjects
The fact that you gotta stick with these and they determine your future and you have the same teachers. Really does a lot to you.

idkkdi

HSC
The fact that you gotta stick with these and they determine your future and you have the same teachers. Really does a lot to you.
u could just take everything and drop subs in y12.

Qeru

HSC
Doesn't your school change teachers when you go to year 12?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)