• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So I got a group interview for EB Games... (1 Viewer)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Hey,

So yeah I've been called in for a group interview for a casual Christmas holidays position at EB Games Macquarie.

I was wondering if anyone with experience with working at EB and/or group interviews in general have any tips and advice about how to conduct myself and how to leave the best possible impression.

Cheers in advance!

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
It definitely must have improved your skills and also personality development. Because everyone experience you do is helpful for your personality development and this one relates to your goal. And group interview also increases confidence.
So is that prove I have some sort of personality? I'll keep that in mind on Monday. Thanks!

I'm just really unsure how the group interview will kind of unfold. Does anyone have any experience or tips?

deloving

HSC
I'm not talking from experience but rather assumption and from what people have told me. It's really simple, the most outgoing, cool person will get the job.

moocow920

HSC
I had a group interview this week for a sales position and it was mainly role playing and making a short speech to the room about the person next to you and things like that. I would say it is important to dress appropriately and professionally, make sure you contribute and speak confidently with no 'like' and 'umms' as much as you can.

I noticed some people barely spoke at all which is negative, as you cannot really show yourself off, but also some other were very bossy and took control, cutting across and interrupting other people which is obviously rude and doesn't look very good. So yea basically confident, professional, and polite to both interviewers and fellow applicants

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)