• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So whos doing law? (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i am, but i'm having trouble coming to grips with this thread. what is it about people wanting to do law? you're all so up yourselves! thank god im doing it combined with communications, my social life won't be completely bankrupt after all

inasero

Reborn
HSC
mate ur spinning me out!
let them enjoy their prestige..so what?
maybe they do have altruistic motives at the end of the day

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
yeah at sydney. and spin spin its really not like that. if someone asked "who's doing arts?" because they were curious to know who they were gonna study with for the next 3 years, i wouldn't say they were up themselves. same motive here.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
well i guess thats what i don't get... the "prestige". it makes 99% of applicants also seem insincere about their motives. seriously, if the cut off were 50, do you think even a fraction of the amount of people who put it on their preferences would still apply for it? nope.

maybe they DO have altruistic motives. i wouldnt judge anyone personally, i'm just making a well-informed generalisation (if such a thing can exist i guess)

suz

HSC
Hey ashleet, decided to post even though u noe I'm doin arts/law @ wollongong
By the way congrats to all who got in2 law, best of luck

Ribbon

me too commerce/law at ANU

I've always been interested in both business and law side of things since primary school... don't know if this means my life will be 'socially bankrupt' but I am doing what I've always wanted to do, and couldn't care less wether other people look up or down on it (excepting the people on scholarship committies, of course :) )

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Me Arts/Law

And Im not doing it for prestige, Im doing it cos its a passion....

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
if i dont finish my hsc im going to be dealing with law LOL (drug dealer / car thief Lek u know....)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I love this stat

"There are more Uni students graduating from Law courses each year than there are law jobs in the whole workforce of Australia"

santaslayer

HSC
hahah.....

memememe!!
coomerce/law.....uow cut off 91.00
i got 91.15...hahahahaha...phew

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
thats cos alot of law students don't go into practising law, and many end up working overseas, something u can't do with say, a medicine degree

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Me Arts/Law

And Im not doing it for prestige, Im doing it cos its a passion....
i do believe you.

and i'm doing it at UTS walla, nowhere else in sydney offers it combined with communicatiosn.. which im doing.. as i mentioned before ^^^

Ribbon- i doubt your life will be socially bankrupt at all! i wasnt saying that as a reflection on future law students but as a reflection on my own feelings towards those i've interacted with... in other words its my problem not theirs! generally speaking theyre not my kind of people thats all, though there are definitely exceptions that i have encountered

everyone just chillax, i'm not out to ruin your uai glory. and i was pretty much onl;y referring to the people based in sydney

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Beaky
I love this stat

"There are more Uni students graduating from Law courses each year than there are law jobs in the whole workforce of Australia"
For god's sake will you guys stop trying to dampen our excitement. Believe it or not some ppl are passionate about the courses they are choosing, not just cos its supposedly prestigous. If I hear one more person make a similar comment Im going to go postal. Let us be excited....are we trying to play down your uni offers?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
For god's sake will you guys stop trying to dampen our excitement. Believe it or not some ppl are passionate about the courses they are choosing, not just cos its supposedly prestigous. If I hear one more person make a similar comment Im going to go postal. Let us be excited....are we trying to play down your uni offers?
hahah sorry :D

Just thought it was relevant...

sorry for shit stirring

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yeah u can! u can automatically with a newcastle degree nd u can also take tests to be registereed as a medical practitioner in another country u knoe

santaslayer

HSC
yea spin spin, so stop bagging out law pplz, they usually do it as a support degree anyway
and plus the cut off is like 99.6 in usyd coz of the demand for that course,....showing its popularity , not prestige

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)