• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

social justice principle (2 Viewers)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
hi guys! i guess this is the time where we all ask questions
now, ive been getting ready for the exams
and i was a lil stuck when i got up to social justice principles
i understood its concepts but i was wondering how do u answer a question where they go
cvd was selected as a nhpa, explain reasons why
so u would go through
social justice princples
cost to community, individual
prevelance
priority pop groups

i understand how to answer the qtns in the later 4 headings
but for social justice im just not too sure of how i would go about answering that section

could some nice bright PDHPE student please help?
thanks!

mcbec

HSC
hey - crazily enuf i was struggling with that today too, when i was revising core 1 again... eventually i came to the conclusion that when u talk about social justice principles, i think u basically just say how social justice principles are able to be applied to the area and thats why it was chosen as a NHPA...
e.g., for CVD, social justice principles are able to be applied to it, therefore it was chosen as a NHPA... u'd write a bit more than that of course lol, but yeah...

i think thats right... thats what i think from what ive read anyway... anyone else have ideas??

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Define what social justice is and then explain how the level of health inequalities in CVD (for example) could be reduced by reducing social and economic inequities that negatively impact upon individual's access, rights and participation to health resources and facilities.

Hope that made sense.

MCOLT

HSC
i just got your name "hypertrophy"
too bored

MCOLT

HSC
pdhpe
effects of resistance training and endurance, its just another word for bigger biceps

Kutay

University
HSC
well for the social justice section. like its just talking about

Participation
Equity
Acess
Right

Even if you don't quite understand the concept all those 4 parts interelate really if you look into them, but by just mentioning them you are sure to gets marks remeber that.

I nice way to remeber that is through the acroynm
P ------------------------------> Participation
E ------------------------------> Equity
A ------------------------------> Acess
R ------------------------------> Right

Hope that helps, someone correct me if i am wrong as i am typing this from the top of my head

Kutay

jessied

HSC
Social Justice principles aim to eliminate inquity and inequality in groups. For example people living in rural or remote areas have limited access to health care services so social justice aims to eliminate that inquity by either providing services or the allocation of funding for travel etc..

Remember that you need to be able to relate the 4 social justice principles (equity, access, participation and rights) to the NHPA's (see the 2003 paper) aswell as the other 5 ways that the NHPA's are identified.

Ring up the nice people at the HSC Advice Line, I did that for the 2003 Question.. They know their stuff!

SPYKE_JOE

yeah everyone knows about the PEAR accroynm but does anybody have a good definition for each? and i dont mean for participation, letting them participate in greater health. If someobne does, let us know, especially participation & equity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)