Social theory exam help (1 Viewer)

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Hey,

This is probably a stupid question but I have an exam on Tuesday and I need to know about theories of social change.... I'm sort of confused because the syllabus and the study guide my teacher gave us says:

- "Theories of social change"
- Theorists- evolutionary, functionalist etc
- Modernisation theory- Japan

If a question like this where to come up: "Apply one theory of social change to explain EITHER continuity OR change in the country you have studied." Could I use modernisation theory or do I have to use one of the four main theorists?

Thanks!

~Fluorescent

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hey,

This is probably a stupid question but I have an exam on Tuesday and I need to know about theories of social change.... I'm sort of confused because the syllabus and the study guide my teacher gave us says:

- "Theories of social change"
- Theorists- evolutionary, functionalist etc
- Modernisation theory- Japan

If a question like this where to come up: "Apply one theory of social change to explain EITHER continuity OR change in the country you have studied." Could I use modernisation theory or do I have to use one of the four main theorists?

Thanks!

~Fluorescent
wow! i got this exact same question for my continuity and change assessment last year.
hint- Functionalism works really really well here.
double hint- my assessment can be found in the resources section of this site.
Bored of Studies - Student online community, resources, notes, past exams, UAI Calculator, ENTER Calculator, HSC, VCE

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Thanks so much this is so helpful :)

I spoke to my teacher today and she said that I could refer to either one (social or modernisation), depending on the question...

Thanks for your help!

~Fluorescent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)