Society and Culture (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
How is everyone going to prepare for the Society and culture examination?? *shrug* *scared*
Help. I don't know what to do.....*panic*

Also, for people who did the Independence Trial, could you be kind enough to type up your answer for this question?
Something along the line of: Assess that westernisation is inevitable. (6 marks) and also what you got out of 6. Thanks a million.

j0

I'm gunna do past papers, and make notes I guess... I need to remember a few dates and general ideas, but the rest is bullshit-able?

MiSSi

i got more then a week to study for society but i definietely need to practice writing essays

j0

i get so sick of doing the practise things for sac.. i just start blabbing on coz i dont really know where to pick up marks. ah well.. i think i'll get my teacher to mark some practise things or something.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
ok every. please show me your Assess westernisation answer in the indepence trial please.

j0

I dont know what paper I did :D
the one with empowerment in it... which i think was society and culture association...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by j0
I dont know what paper I did :D
the one with empowerment in it... which i think was society and culture association...
yes, that's the independence paper. please type up your answer for Assess westernisation...please

swisstruffles

HSC
we did the CSSA one...ive got a week and a half before the S&C exam, so im not really gonna study for it in the next 2 weeks left..i think a lot of it if u mentin heaps of concepts and sound like your really knowledgeable, you can get through the exam pretty well. not that the S&C teachers want to hear that!

Kittycat

HSC
Well, what I do is just practice & get the teacher to comment on it.
& I think I'll be prepared

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
i don't even have the modules straight, let alone actual preparation.

:(

shazabdazla

....just get heaps of facts, statistics, and sociologists' comments on social trends, etc to help prove your point in your essays..thus avoiding uninformed opinions and stereotyping,....also, it's important to ensure that you present a balanced arguement in an essay...for example if you explore gender disadvantage make sure you cover male and female disadvantages etc so as to avoid bias...blah blah blah...

shazabdazla

....just get heaps of facts, statistics, and sociologists' comments on social trends, etc to help prove your point in your essays..thus avoiding uninformed opinions and stereotyping,....also, it's important to ensure that you present a balanced arguement in an essay...for example if you explore gender disadvantage make sure you cover male and female disadvantages etc so as to avoid bias...blah blah blah...

...and, yeah, it's a really easy exam usually, so don't stress...i mean, i started this course a week before the prelim half yearly, studied a little that week, and got 92%.....you'll all smash the exam.....

young_gurl

what if they are gunna make it harder this year?...ahh crap!...
who knows the format of the exam anyway? i dunt know how to plan my time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)