• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Software Design and Development Syllabus Changes (1 Viewer)

feedmemore

HSC
Just want to ask what are the changes to the new SDD syllabus from 2012 comparing to the syllabus pre-2012. Are the contents still the same or did they take away or add new content? I want to do some past trial papers and HSC papers in a few weeks time so is the past trial and HSC exams prior 2012 still worth doing and if so, what kind of questions should I focus on and stay away from those past papers.

Thanks

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
No massive changes between the two versions. You'll have to learn some extra stuff (boolean algebra, knowledge of a real life social/legal/ethical issue, etc.). Check the syllabus on the board of studies website -- they highlight the changes.

feedmemore

HSC
OK Thanks. I looked at the amendments on BOS however it is not clear if the syllabus has added or deleted content for the new syllabus as the amendment just stated that some parts have been reworded. So does this mean there is no new added or deleted content in the new syllabus I should keep a look out for when I am doing past papers prior to 2012?

No massive changes between the two versions. You'll have to learn some extra stuff (boolean algebra, knowledge of a real life social/legal/ethical issue, etc.). Check the syllabus on the board of studies website -- they highlight the changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)