• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

some advise please... (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok - I tell this chick i like her, and she says she does too but doesnt want to hurt my ex (they are pretty good friends). She then encourages me to ask my ex if she would have any problems with it, and that all goes as well as it could really, but my ex seemed alright with it.

The next day i get told im a distraction form the HSC, and blocked on msn. I figured that was fair enough as it is the HSC we're talking about. But a few days she unblocks me and starts asking all these questions like 'what about me do you like.' I took that as a bit of a cue to actually ask her out, but its been like 4 days and the last i heard (2 days ago) she was still thinking about it.

If someone (preferably female as you seem to have a gift with these things) can decipher that it would be greatly apreciated. Ive given up...

SlaminSammy

HSC
Hey dude... never say to a girl "i like you" it gives them the power in the relationship(its a complex thing - im not explaining it) but in relation to what she did... you scared her off. what her actions tell me personally is that shes thinking "oh not another wuss ass guy that has clung to me and wont ever let me go untill i break him down into a thousand little bits" Girls (most girls i shouldnt generalise) dont enjoy guys admitting that they love them.. they enjoy a challenge... a game... but... if you act needy, desperate, clingy and many other things like that.. you will scare her off!! shes i probably playing you.... my advice... say that you just want to be friends. its early games she will not expect it... even though you dont want it to end out like that... it will seperate from the rest :)

Last edited:

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
Maybe you could try after the HSC. Just wait that tad longer and if she's trying to avoid you and gives excuses when HSC is over, then don't bother about trying because that's not worth your time. But now...maybe she hasn't been blocking you but been studying, so just be patient and time will tell...(it's better to remain positive for the time being)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
FoodForThought said:
ok - I tell this chick i like her, and she says she does too but doesnt want to hurt my ex (they are pretty good friends). She then encourages me to ask my ex if she would have any problems with it, and that all goes as well as it could really, but my ex seemed alright with it.

The next day i get told im a distraction form the HSC, and blocked on msn. I figured that was fair enough as it is the HSC we're talking about. But a few days she unblocks me and starts asking all these questions like 'what about me do you like.' I took that as a bit of a cue to actually ask her out, but its been like 4 days and the last i heard (2 days ago) she was still thinking about it.

If someone (preferably female as you seem to have a gift with these things) can decipher that it would be greatly apreciated. Ive given up...
BLOCKED ON MSN?!?!? OH NOEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!1`

SlaminSammy

HSC
LOL... its like that huh... who cares... how old are we? 17? most of us seem to be acting 3! I would make myself sick if i lowered myself down to that level. Even id hate it if i had sum dumb shmuck drooling all over me!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
She says that she doesn't want to hurt your ex and tells you to go ask her and you actually do it. Big mistake. You don't do what she tells you. You reassure her right away with no talking to ex's.

Then she blocks you on msn and you are ok with it. HSC or no HSC she should be mature enough to just not talk to you as much. It's not hard to unblock people either. You needed to do something in response to this. Like ignore her for a while.

And when you asked her out and she said she would think about it you shouldn't of let her. You should of made her give you an answer when you asked. If she actually likes you she wouldn't of said no.

It's too late for this to work. You have ruined your chances of ever having a successful relationship with this girl. If she ends up deciding she does want to go out you will be putting up with bullshit like this constantly. It's not worth it. Move on.

SlaminSammy

HSC
Iam.... i like what you said... "you dont do what she tells you". SOOOOO TRUE... Asking... well dont ask... telling her(politely) to give you an answer on the spot will mess her up! she wont know what to do and it will be unexpected! then you can truely see by her reaction whether she is into you or not. But i dissagre with Iamsick..... if she likes you... she still may say no! IF she likes you she may say no, however what she is trying to do it to increase the attraction you have of her... Member when you liked a chick (say your ex) and you couldnt get in touch with her... you want her more! yeh thats it that stuff!

But chances are yes... IAMSICKofyr12 (i am too) is correct... you've probs already stuffed up you chances with her!

hipPo3

HSC
breaking said:
BLOCKED ON MSN?!?!? OH NOEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!1`
lol breaking .. have any of ur 3000+ posts ever been uselful and not containing sarcasm ?

HSC
thanks for all the advise... i figured she might be playing games, which already isnt good coz im not for that. i like straightforwardness over anything, which makes things somewhat difficult :p Anywhoo... i'll see what happens... maybe it will come good...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
LOL, here are the possible reasons (this is looking at it from a girl's perspective):

1. Asking if it hurts the ex - She might geniunely care for her friend. Or she might be rubbing it in her friend's face. Making you ask your ex if it's okay for you to go out with her best friend rubs it in 10 times more effectively.
2. Blocking you on MSN "because of HSC" - I'm sure she has more than one person on her buddy list. If she thought chatting was a distraction, she wouldn't block just one person. She'd not come online. By telling you "I'm blocking you" she's trying to see how you'd react, seeking a little attention, maybe.
3. Asking what about her you like - This is as obvious as you can get. She was having withdrawl symptoms from lack of attention. So she comes back online and fishes for compliments. I assume you inflated her ego just the way she wanted you to.

She might be interested in you, but I think she's playing games. If she really wanted to go out, she would have said yes when you asked, or when her ex gave the signal. This unfortunately is either a game of hard-to-get, or she's using you for that headspinning feeling of "oh, somebody is obsessed with me!".

IceBergeSlim

Banned
in the mansion while my tricks are on the street.
HSC
N/A
FoodForThought said:

Answer: You have let yourself become under the thumb. Congradulations on being a pussy-whipped bitch.

My advice: Tell that biatch you are over her, and that unless she is willing to get her panties off, she ain't shit. Go to a party with her and hit on every other girl there. Don't let the bitch have your balls in a vice. Wait for her to come crawling back to you.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
You shouldn't of told her that you like her.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
If she needs more than 30 seconds to decide whether she wants to be with you she's not worth it. It's either yes or no, not 'oh.. that guy over there might be better... but... oh... i don't know'. When or if she gets back to you, just tell her she waited to long and you're over her, she had her chance.

But I'm with aim54x, don't try and work girls out.. it's not going to happen :)

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
LOL, here are the possible reasons (this is looking at it from a girl's perspective):

1. Asking if it hurts the ex - She might geniunely care for her friend. Or she might be rubbing it in her friend's face. Making you ask your ex if it's okay for you to go out with her best friend rubs it in 10 times more effectively.
2. Blocking you on MSN "because of HSC" - I'm sure she has more than one person on her buddy list. If she thought chatting was a distraction, she wouldn't block just one person. She'd not come online. By telling you "I'm blocking you" she's trying to see how you'd react, seeking a little attention, maybe.
3. Asking what about her you like - This is as obvious as you can get. She was having withdrawl symptoms from lack of attention. So she comes back online and fishes for compliments. I assume you inflated her ego just the way she wanted you to.
In relation to these points -
1. Just to clarify, i am also really good friends with my ex, we broke up really well and all that. If it was a harsh break-up i wouldnt have even contemplated all this. But yeah, coming from either of us wouldnt have made much of a difference.
2. I thought it was a bit suspect too.. the attention seeking failed tho... i just didnt talk to her untill she ended up unblocking me. And i do realise how childish the msn thing is... but its the HSC, and most parents wont let yr 12's out of the house unless its to the library. I hate libraries and i dont like phones, so msn is all thats left.
3. If by inflating her ego you mean complimenting her, i suck at doing that. I cant pick out things i like. It just all works for me, thats pretty well what i told her.

HSC
chelzmalee said:
But I'm with aim54x, don't try and work girls out.. it's not going to happen :)
i gave up on that when a girl tried to explain to me why she wore shoes that she said were painful to wear... i just wanted to know whats happening with this situation im in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)