Some Help Please!!! (1 Viewer)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Hi guys im thinking of doing bachelor of commerce @ Macquarie Uni but i have found SIBT ... which allows me to do a dip of commerce there and transfer 2nd yr to bachelor of commerce @ Macquarie Uni ...

> have any of you had experience with SIBT?
> I pay fee to go to SIBT 1st yr then transfer so in 2nd/3rd year do i pay HECS only or still fee paying?
> Is der accreditation with majors eg) bachelor of commerce with major accounting compared with bachelor of commerce (accounting)?
> Can i apply to a course @ Macquarie Uni with a low UAI cut-off and transfer to bachelor of commerce eg) bachelor ebusiness?
> How much is the fee to got to SIBT dip commerce 1 yr?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
have you checked out the SIBT website?
http://www.sibt.nsw.edu.au/

2: to trasnfer to a degree, you will have to go thru the uac process and compete for a position. they will take into account your uai and your first year results.

3: there is professional recognition with a b. commerce - accounting, but if you do a b. commerce with majors in accounting, you don't get the professional recognition.

4: yes you can apply to a lower cut of course at MQ and then trasnfer to a b. commerce degree. but you will need to reach the trasnfer criteria for the course.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
yeah i wouldnt recommend u go to SIBT unless u wanted to learn some Cantonese or Mandarin along w/ ur accg or wotevr ;)

if ur not gonna get in2 BCom straight off, i'd suggest u enrol in a lower UAI course, eg eBusiness or Arts, etc & then transfer after 1st sem.
Thats wot i did :uhhuh:

Also the cost isnt worth it, i know some1 currently in SIBT who's also planning to transfer to Com & last sem tuition fees were lyk $5K (not sure exact amnt), which is more than wot 6yrs of high school cost him... :eek:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes i was going to mention the cost, it costs loads

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Thanks for the help ...
So if i apply for B ebusiness or arts i can transfer to B commerce after 1st semester?

> How long is one semester?
> Do i need a certain grade to transfer?
> Do i still have to pay B ebusiness/Arts fees for that semester?
> How do you catch up on the lost semester?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
a semester usually goes for 13 weeks with 2 weeks break somewhere in those weeks plus a 2/3 week exam period.

you'd need to pass all your subjects to transfer to b. commerce (general).

yes you would have to pay the hecs fees for the degree you are enrolled in. but the hecs fees are based on what type of subjects you are doing. arts subejcts are the cheapest and fall under category 1. commerce subjects fall in category 2. i can't remember the fee amounts, sorry...

how far you are behind in the subjects for the b. commerce degree depends on your subjects chosen in first semester.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
for commerce degrees you wont really fall behind, imo. with electives and very similar subjects you wont really be bahind.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
also be aware sibit semesters are different, they have 3 and they work differently. if you can get into the uni with what they have said above i would strongly recommend you do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)