Some questions (1 Viewer)

GaganDeep

fffff
HSC
Umm, for the motors topic, i get confused with all the conversions of the units for calculations, does ne 1 have like how to convert all the things you need to convert in motors topic.
like mili amps to amps, lol and all that stuff.

Also umm the for the current flow, do u take it as + to - or - to minus?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Also umm the for the current flow, do u take it as + to - or - to minus?
Always positive to negative - the direction of the conventional current - for this topic.

Umm, for the motors topic, i get confused with all the conversions of the units for calculations, does ne 1 have like how to convert all the things you need to convert in motors topic.
like mili amps to amps, lol and all that stuff.
It's like converting millimetres to metres. Just remember the suffixes (which you should have learned all the way back in Prelim Physics) and what powers of 10 they represent. Then you can convert fairly easily.

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
milli = 10-3
micro = 10-6
nano = 10-9
pico = 10-12

Dragie

HSC
so it's +ve to -ve for conventional current because it's the positive charges flowing therefore they are attracted to the negative end and thus flow that way? Is that right? Also, in M&G are we always dealing with conventional current and is it always the case of +ve to -ve in this topic?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Dragie said:
so it's +ve to -ve for conventional current because it's the positive charges flowing therefore they are attracted to the negative end and thus flow that way? Is that right? Also, in M&G are we always dealing with conventional current and is it always the case of +ve to -ve in this topic?
Yep, you got it, conventional current is the only current you need to worry about in M&G's unless the question specifically refers to electrons, which travel in the opposite direction, and you will encounter in the Ideas to Implementation topic with cathode rays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)