some1 explain ? (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Q. Explain how the poetry you ave studied reflects some of the major concerns of this context?

In your answer refer closely to two poems by T.S Eliot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone give me an idea of what the q means + how i shud structure this >.<

i suck at eng -_-

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
Q. Explain how the poetry you ave studied reflects some of the major concerns of this context?

In your answer refer closely to two poems by T.S Eliot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone give me an idea of what the q means + how i shud structure this >.<
The question is asking you to talk about how the poems of T.S. Eliot show the general state of the world at the time.

To explain how the poems reflect this, you'll need to know what the world was like around the start of the twentieth century (the first hint of WW1, industrialisation, political uncertainty, etc). My advice is to mention a point about the state of the world, how Eliot perceived this state, and then how he responded to it in his poems.

You will probably want to point out dates of major events and dates that he wrote his poetry. You'll also want to closely examine the techniques that Eliot uses - particularly imagery, from memory.

For more information on Eliot, look at http://www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poets/a_f/eliot/life.htm - there'll be many other sites, just look up T S Eliot on Google :)

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)