Someone please help me with my International Finance question (1 Viewer)

_simmi_

HSC
Hi,

I'm new to this thing so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section. Anyway, I'm having trouble with one of my homework questions for International Finance and I hear you guys are pretty smart. If you could post working and explanation, that would be swell. Here's the question:

Belmont Pty Ltd expects to receive cash dividends from a French joint venture over the coming three years. The first dividend, to be paid 31 December 2004, is expected to be €720,000. The dividend is then expected to grow 10.0% per year over the following two years. The current exchange rate (30 December 2003) is A$1.25/€. Belmont’s weighted average cost of capital is 12%.

a) What is the present value of the expected euro dividend stream if the euro is expected to appreciate 4.00% per annum against the A$?

b) What is the present value of the expected dividend stream if the euro were to depreciate 3.00% per annum against the A$?

Thanks!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry for slow reply but I'm too lazy to do it (but it doesn't look too bad). That being said I can give you some tips.

1. It's only for 3 years so the easiest way of doing things is to calculate what the dividends will be rather than trying to come up with a magical sequence & series formula.
2. Use Excel to keep it neat.
3. Do it in Euros first, THEN do the FX conversion.
4. Obviously use the WACC of 12% as your discount rate.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)