• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

someone translate....please lol! (1 Viewer)

chocobo

y0y0
HSC
can someone translate to me what the hell this means...in simpler terms

Obtain an aggregate of at least 68 credit points, including
at least 38 credit points in units at 200 level or above, and
at least 34 credit points in units at 200 level or above designated in the Schedule of Units of Study as science units
at least 18 credit points in units at 300 level or above designated in the Schedule of Units of Study as science units
and completion of other specific requirements as set out in the Schedule of Undergraduate Programs including an approved coherent study at 300 level

Clearly im green at all this stuff....hence im having a hard time with my friggen selections...

im doing Bsc and im hopin to transfer to Bsc-psy i need 12 cp's and 2.5 gpa im doing stat170 and pretty confident i can do chem 101 since i did alright in yr11 and 12 any suggestions with 6 cp's left that arent too troublesome to do in sem1?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
chocobo said:
can someone translate to me what the hell this means...in simpler terms

at least 34 credit points in units at 200 level or above designated in the Schedule of Units of Study as science units
at least 18 credit points in units at 300 level or above designated in the Schedule of Units of Study as science units
and completion of other specific requirements as set out in the Schedule of Undergraduate Programs including an approved coherent study at 300 level

Clearly im green at all this stuff....hence im having a hard time with my friggen selections...

im doing Bsc and im hopin to transfer to Bsc-psy i need 12 cp's and 2.5 gpa im doing stat170 and pretty confident i can do chem 101 since i did alright in yr11 and 12 any suggestions with 6 cp's left that arent too troublesome to do in sem1?

well if you plan to do sci-psych, then you should do PSY104 and PSY105 if you can (its not just limited to psych peeps you can do it if your uai is high enough). Don't be too scared of all that stuff. just do 4 subjects each semester worth 3cp or equivalent and mimic the scien-psych subjects (ie. PSY104, STAT170 and PSY105 for the first year) and you should be fine.

I found PHIL131, PHIL134, PHIL137 easy enough. PSY134 might be good for you if your good with maths-type subjects, the other two if you are good with arguments (but not necessarily english, because hsc english is crap).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
chocobo said:
at the end of your degree yo uhav eto have done a min of 68cp.
in these 68cp you need to do at least 38cp in either 200 or 300 or 400 etc. level
you need to do 34cp at 200 or 300 or 400 etc. level that they have designated as core subjects which are named 'science' units
you need to do 18cp at 300 level (or above) of the core units named 'science' units
(note, this means if you do the minimum, 18cp, at 300 level (or above), you need to do 16cp at 200 level. if you do 20cp at 300level or above, you need to do 14cp at 200 level)

chocobo said:
do the core subjects, including all the 300 level core subjects or whateevr they say you need to do at 300 level

QUOTE=chocobo]im doing Bsc and im hopin to transfer to Bsc-psy i need 12 cp's and 2.5 gpa im doing stat170 and pretty confident i can do chem 101 since i did alright in yr11 and 12 any suggestions with 6 cp's left that arent too troublesome to do in sem1?[/QUOTE]

what do you need for bpsy? it seems you need stat170, which you're doing. you also need psy104 and psy 105 so you should definitely choose them if you haven't already!

have a look at bsc-psy and see what's different between that degree and yours and make up the difference (follow the program for bsci-psy but make sure it fits with bsci)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)