• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sooooo Lost!!! (1 Viewer)

yr12baby

HSC
hey guys i'd appreciate it if i culd get some head start on these two dot pts...i am soo lost!!!!! its for a school assessment

3.1 Outline the technological advances that have changed our knowledge and understanding of evolutionary relationships. The major advances have been in Biochemistry.
Choose 2 of the following techniques: *DNA hybridisation, *amino acid sequencing, *DNA base sequencing, *gene mapping and discuss with relation to changes in knowledge and understanding of evolutionary relationships.

technological advances.......? can i jus jump straight into the 2 techniques =S

3.2 Analyse how the changes in technological advances have changed scientific thinking about evolutionary relationships between two closely related groups such as the
(i) African Elephants,
(ii) grebes and flamingos or
(iii) Giant pandas and bears.

following on from the top ><" soo confused...wat do they want!!!! cant they make the wording easier

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
yr12baby said:
3.1 Outline the technological advances that have changed our knowledge and understanding of evolutionary relationships. The major advances have been in Biochemistry.
Choose 2 of the following techniques: *DNA hybridisation, *amino acid sequencing, *DNA base sequencing, *gene mapping and discuss with relation to changes in knowledge and understanding of evolutionary relationships.
The techniques listed ARE the technological advances. Simply provide an outline and relate the technology to changes in scientific thinking of evolutionary relationships.
yr12baby said:
3.2 Analyse how the changes in technological advances have changed scientific thinking about evolutionary relationships between two closely related groups such as the
(i) African Elephants,
(ii) grebes and flamingos or
(iii) Giant pandas and bears.
Relate the technological advances to the way they show how two animals are closely related to each other. Show that the biochemistry or DNA sequence between two related groups are very similar and then explain that the reason for the small differences is due to evolution. Also mention that back then we didn't have this technology and instead had to rely on anatomical features to determine evolutionary relationships. Thus, this technology has allowed scientists to classify related animals much more accurately according to the theory of evolution.

yr12baby

HSC
thxxx! that makes much more sense wen someone explains it a lil more =] haha so i shuld jus jump straight into the 2 techniques which ARE the advances -.- thx again =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)