• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

spanish beginner resources? (1 Viewer)

niecoups

HSC
hey yo so i kind of want to get a head start on spanish beginners as i am considering taking it next year (have chosen it as one of the subjects i'm taking) and i have relatively not that much knowledge with the spanish knowledge expect for very very basic things i've learnt on duolingo and i do not know what textbooks my teacher will be using. i'm not good at languages when i do not commit to them/do not have a good interest in them which is why i am determined to get a head start to at least familiarize myself before dwelving and falling behind because of my lost of interest in it... does anyone know what books your teachers used and whether i am able to get a copy of it online (preferably for free)? also any spanish/language learning tips/advice would greatly be appreciated :)

ps. Yo soy una estudiante y yo quiero estudiar español. i think is what my current spanish capabilities are at...

Last edited:

foxisaro

HSC
So, I'm learning Spanish beginners through NSL so I can't really help you in the aspect of textbooks or resources, but some general tips would be to definitely take the time to familiarise yourself with the grammar and the way that verb conjugation works!! You don't really have to worry about stem changing verbs too much rn but just understanding how regular verbs (-ar, -er, -ir) conjugate is rlly good.

e.g. vivir (to live) -> yo vivo (i live), tú vives (you live), ella/él/ustede vive (they live), nosotros vivimos (we live), vosotros vivís (plural- you live), ellas/ellos/ustedes viven (plural- they live)

(Btw, when you are talking about occupations you would drop the "un/una" so, you can just say "soy estudiante" and while it's still technically correct when you include the pronoun before each verb, it sounds more natural to drop it when it's clear who you're referring to. So you can just say "soy estudiante y quiero estudiar español.")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)