• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sparta..can sum1 plz help me on this essay question?? (1 Viewer)

~bumchum~

~shake it baybee!~
HSC
"Describe and assess the role of the military elite and its influence over the lives of members of Spartan society"

oka..i dunno abt u guyz..buh i find it sorta difficult..in a way that..i dunno how to start it off!!!!!...lyk..can sumone help me with..tha structure of it?..i mean..i kno tha structre of an essay..buh i mean in tha terms of the question...lyk..wat am i suposed 2 tork abt?..i feel lyk itz 4 mini essayz in one..can ANYONE plz assist me in2 lyk..how i start off...and wat r the sorta thingz im suposed 2 say?..i basicaly need help in the order of things that im suposed 2 say n lyk..is there reali so much to tork abt the 'military elite'?..i duno wa 2 say abt it..loll.....i juz tink itz sucha wierd question!..ARGH!..

thanx everyone...mwaz!:D

sugared plum

HSC
you should PM spin spin sugar

i think she is interestd in tutoring people, and she did Sparta. she is really helpful and not only the content , but learning how to approach essays is a skill you will really need, particularly in the hsc. so yes, get some tutoring

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~bumchum~
"Describe and assess the role of the military elite and its influence over the lives of members of Spartan society"

oka..i dunno abt u guyz..buh i find it sorta difficult..in a way that..i dunno how to start it off!!!!!...lyk..can sumone help me with..tha structure of it?..i mean..i kno tha structre of an essay..buh i mean in tha terms of the question...lyk..wat am i suposed 2 tork abt?..i feel lyk itz 4 mini essayz in one..can ANYONE plz assist me in2 lyk..how i start off...and wat r the sorta thingz im suposed 2 say?..i basicaly need help in the order of things that im suposed 2 say n lyk..is there reali so much to tork abt the 'military elite'?..i duno wa 2 say abt it..loll.....i juz tink itz sucha wierd question!..ARGH!..

thanx everyone...mwaz!:D
just go through the various types of 'elite' classes in the military

like the paidonomos etc but especially that specially chosen group of 300 knights...

there's something in plutarch and xenophon about how those knights had to be on their best behaviour at all times. If they weren't, those who weren't in the elite ranks could report them to the gerousia (i think?) and then take their place. Thus, the heightened status of the elite military classes Spartan society resulted in competition whereby all citizens strove to embody the austere values of the society. Entry into the guard of 300 was an incentive for all male citizens.

yada yada yada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)