Special Provisions (1 Viewer)

TheSpecial1

HSC
Hi everyone. I need help to apply for the special provision "Extra time to read". The provision allows you to complete the exam with some extra time. With 2.5 minutes for every half hour. I tried to apply for it but it was unsuccessful as they think my reading is too good and think I am not disabled except I have trouble understanding questions and reading texts due to my dyslexia. The teacher said I can appeal if I have new evidence. How do I appeal to NESA and what new evidence should I give them to make them overturn the disapproval.

he1nl

HSC
from nesa (https://www.nsw.gov.au/education-an...ns/applying#toc-appealing-declined-provisions)
to sum it up: send new evidence + how your previous evidence is valid through your school within 2 weeks of the unsuccessful application

what evidence have you already submitted in for your dyslexia? do you have a medical report (with comments from your medical professional on how this impacts you), treatment plan (? not sure if needed for dyslexia), examples of reading tests you've done?

i submitted a successful application but for my mixed anxiety and depressive disorder; i just submitted my personal statement on how this impacts me, my psychologist filled out the health professional information form (talks about my diagnosis, severity/impact), and my teachers js filled out their evaluation on how this impacts me as well :jump:!!

TheSpecial1

HSC
The assessment is in the lower version of the 'normal range' in the reading test. The test is the YARC. Is there any other way to get the provision extra time to read?

Last edited:

he1nl

HSC
The assessment is in the lower version of the 'normal range' in the reading test. The test is the YARC. Is there any other way to get the provision extra time to read?
i dont really think so, but you can talk to your teacher and your health professional to suggest what other evidence you could provide?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)