speculation and underlying assumtions (1 Viewer)

emseaton

HSC
can somebody please please explain how these are connected to imaginative journeys in an easy to understand way?
i've been trying to answer last year's question "more than anything else, imaginative journeys are about the process of speculation. do you agree?" but my brain has turned to mush.

danish222

HSC
First you must know what speculation is... You might be speculating if you are guessing what something is, wondering what happened etc. As you begin to speculate you are making up something that you think could have happened or will happen. In other words- you are imagining! When you imagine you can go on an imaginative journey- so there's the link ;)

emseaton

HSC
danish222 said:
First you must know what speculation is... You might be speculating if you are guessing what something is, wondering what happened etc. As you begin to speculate you are making up something that you think could have happened or will happen. In other words- you are imagining! When you imagine you can go on an imaginative journey- so there's the link ;)
thankyouuuu... so could you say that without speculation the imaginative journey would cease to exist?

danish222

HSC
I don't know if you could go that far... maybe- you just need strong evidence to back it up- so prove it in your texts.

emseaton

HSC
hmm... how would you present your argument for last years question?

danish222

HSC
well... I would need 3 concepts- each linking to speculation. You already have one... almost. If you tweak it a little then it would be easier to back up. eg. 'Most imaginative journeys begin with/from a speculation.' Then prove it with your texts- if you're using Coleridge then Lime-tree would work really well... He speculates his friends' journey to go on his own imag. journey.

Find 2 other concepts (from your other practice essays or think of some now) and adapt them to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)