• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Speeches and links (1 Viewer)

Serdain

HSC
Ok guys, it's that time of the year. HSC in 13 days or somesuch, hope we're all studying hard!

Now, as we all know, you can't get above 75% (or so) with a simple structured response, you have to go integrated.

The hard part here, of course, is getting those nasty intertextual links. So, here's a thread to help each other out with this, post your inter-speech-ual links!

I'll start. There's obviously Cicero, Keating and Lincoln with the whole theme of patriotism and loyalty, calling on their country for action and appealing to nationalism,etc. I think this is the most obvious and easy one however if we find them stipulating texts for our responses we could be in trouble.

So go nuts, post your links!

campbellleo

Idyllic Ballina: It's enough to make you rather si
HSC
I'm doing Goldman, Havel and Keating. They are linked by their common nationalism (even Goldman states she loves America); and contrasted by their different views of what that nationalism entails.

Other good links, though:

Feminism
-Aung San Suu Kyi
-Atwood
- (to a lesser extent) Goldman

Civil Rights
-Socrates
-Lincoln
-Goldman
-MLK
-Aung San Suu Kyi

There are a lot of really obvious two-text links, as well:

Socrates-Goldman: Both on trial, both speaking about larger issues than their own situations, both still convicted.

Lincoln-Keating: Both speaking about nationalism in war.

Keating-Pearson: Both speaking about australian identity.

I'm sure there's thousands of others, but they are the ones that jump out at me. Hope it helps .

Serdain

HSC
Socrates, Goldman and Kyii kinda works too, all being persecuted and going for their beliefs over self-preservation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)