Speeches: Assessment task (1 Viewer)

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
So we're doing "Speeches" for our Module B. Not sure if everyone does this or not, but it's basically analysing "important" (lol) speeches and their meanings and stuff. There are 7. We studied 4 with the teacher, and then divided into groups for the remaining 3.

Our assessment task is to "discuss Paul Keating's speech as well as one other speech of your choosing". So, there is an obvious one that people will do, which are both about australians and such. We studied the common one in class. I'm wondering, is it bad to do the one we studied in groups? Knowing that our groupwork was quite shite, should I stick with one done with our teacher? Unlike most in my school, my English teacher is quite brilliant, so I don't doubt his notes, but alas, he's on long service leave for the rest of the year :/

Downfall to the common one is originality, and I guess markers would be put in a bad mood were they to mark 150 tasks written about the exact same thing.

-------------------------

TLDR; Should I use a speech I haven't studied properly or stick with the common one for my assessment task?

ghjklel

HSC
Obviously go with the one you have most notes on and are most confident with.
AKA The one done with your teacher.
:)

HSC
we have the same task but ours is with aung san suu kyi & then one other of our choice...

rohanpur

HSC
Try doing a speecg from the early 1900's as it sets a contrast against Paul Keatings speech, one about multiculturalism and belonging against the views held by the Liberal party promising a white Australia and not belonging. After all, it is your area of study and your teacher wants to look at how much you have learned about belonging from looking at these speeches.

HSC
belonging has nothing to do with these speeches...belonging is the AOS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)