• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

speeches in general (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
umm... unless you give us more about the topics, the restrictions etc, it's pretty difficult to say

but in general

1) Analyse a question, begin with a good, strong introductory sentence

2) Outline what you are about to say

3) Go deeper into it, just like you do in essays but apply a more conversational style. Crack a few jokes if you can

4) An effective closing- rhetorics can be useful, also try to use emotional language (but depends on your topic).

Hope that helps a little!

I think you'll find she means the speeches module, where one analyses and comments on works from some great orators, and some not so great.

FcUk

Originally posted by enter~space~cap
ive got some notes on it, u want?
Do u rekon i could get a copy too?? sickieleb@hotmail.com

Generally after every speech we are told to analyse the speech under the following headings:-

i. Context of speechs
ii. Purpose of the speechers
iii. Values underpinning them
iv. Way each speaker establish rapport
v. Structure of speeches
vi. Use of language
vii. Method of composition

After every speech that we study we are told to make notes under the headings i just gave that should help in analysing all you need for questions that will come up... Make sure you understand the similarities of the speeches so u can compare e.g. Keating and Lincoln etc......

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by FcUk
Generally after every speech we are told to analyse the speech under the following headings:-

i. Context of speechs
ii. Purpose of the speechers
iii. Values underpinning them
iv. Way each speaker establish rapport
v. Structure of speeches
vi. Use of language
vii. Method of composition
That's actually a very good way of studying the speeches module. Understanding the context and the language techniques is enough to get you a band 4 - 5. If you can compare the speeches effectively you should be looking at a band 6, hopefully.

R

randhi

enter~space~cap said:
ive got some notes on it, u want?
Hey, if the offers still available i get a copy please? if you don't thats alright...thanks

Moonlite

HSC
I've got a speech coming up too, but the weird thing is, we have NO question! It just says to 'capture specific aspects of a journey'. We don't have to use any texts whatsoever.

I'm really confused on what to talk on... does anyone have any tips or ideas??

Punkcess

Trapped In Your Guitar
HSC
Maybe they just want u to tlk bout the main features of a journey, i mean like what is a journey, what makes a jorney and how can it differ in different ppl and use egs from supplementary texts?.....

bluey1987

HSC
Context Info

I need to find some info on 'How may McAleese's speech was received in it's context'...can someone help me!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)