Speeches . . . (1 Viewer)

HSC
could any1 plz help me with writing an essay on speeches?
thanx * m W a H *

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Any other details?

Ie which speeches you would like to write your essay on...there are 12 of them after all. They made us do three in the HSC last year...you might get one specified this year. Its probably a good idea to chose one of the more common ones such as Keating...or the American one at the Lincoln memorial (geez...it was so long ago).

And then you want to see what you can link those to. Oh doing it once was enough for me. Good luck..and if you put up a bit more about what your looking for i might dig out my essay.

HSC
well how about... hmmm Lincoln, King and Cicero or Socrates
sorry 4 the lack of detail thanx 4 ur help

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Ok...well firstly I'd have a look at the notes section....i found a few good things there what with linking speeches together.

It also might help to know what question you need to answer :p

Ill put up my essay...i cant remember what i got for it - probably around 13-15 out of 20...not so great a mark but it gives you an idea. I did King and McAleese.

Heres the link for the resources: http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=6

Any of the comparisons between texts are good...youll have to scroll through, but the ones i found really good were from around 2004/05 i think.

The main things you need to address i think, are Rhetoric, how the speeches transcend time (techniques...relevance today..), and some links between the speeches as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)