Speer assessment (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Speer assessment - Help clarifying something

Alright, I have an assessment on Albert Speer.

'Despite his claim not to be a committed Nazi, Albert Speer played a vital role in the Third Reich.'

In the light of this statement, assess the role played by Albert Speer in the creation and maintenance of the Nazi war machine up to 1945.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the Nazi war machine mean the home-front, like how the economy impacted the war and helped the war(I read it in another post)?
Should I be talking about Speer's role in making the economy efficient as his role as Minister for Munitions and Armaments? This is what I have been doing, but someone told me the question is asking: "nazi war machine = eradiciation of the jews = question of whether or not he knew about the atrocities"
"assess the role played" means did he know or not, and did he help it or not.

Or are we both wrong? And what is the question asking me too do?

I'm pretty confident I have to talk about his role towards the war effort/machine and how significant/crucial his role was and prolonged the war for two years etc? Am i correct?

Which one is correct? Basically so far i've been talking about his crucial role in the Nazi war machine (ie. helping war effort on homefront by increasing productivity etc) through his minister for armaments and architecture.

I need this cleared up ASAP because if i'm doing the wrong thing I need to start over and it's due in a week!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rama_v

HSC
The Nazi War Machine deals with both but I would focus on Speers economic impact first and the different strategies he used to finally get Germany into total war (though whether this was achieved is arguable) after the death of Fritz Todt whom Speer succeeded and whos legacy he continued through reforms. However certainly the first part of the question refers to whether he was a committed Nazi, and here you should mention the Jews to tackle this part of the question.

Last edited:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
here you should mention the Jews to tackle this part of the question.
Heed that advice. Don't let your ingrained subconcious anti-semitism get the better of you, as mine did or you'll gt a shitty Band 5.

Lol, I didn't even have the word JEW in my whole essay. Woops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)