Speer's claims (1 Viewer)

Andy09

Soccer is life
HSC
I've been trying to do some research into this but so far I have found nothing pertaining directly to a claim made by Speer. Speer claimed that he joined out of fear of communism, fascination for Hitler and rejecion of the Treaty of Versailles but I haven't been able to find where he made this statement, was it at the Nuremburg trials or in one of his later interviews?

Thanks for any help.

kelllly

HSC
Speer wrote in his memoir, Inside the Third Reich:

Hitler entered and was tempestuously hailed by his numerous followers among the students. This enthusiasm in itself made a great impression on me. But his appearance also surprised me. On posters I had seen him in military tunic with shoulder straps, swastika armband and hair flapping over his forehead. But here he was wearing a well-fitted blue suit and looked markedly respectable ...

He spoke urgently and with hypnotic persuasiveness. I was carried on the wave of enthusiasm which bore the speaker along from sentence ot sentence. It swept away any reservations ... Here it seemed to me was hope. Here was new ideas, a new understanding, new tasks ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)