• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Split Enz Reforms. (1 Viewer)

HSC
History to be repeated

Split Enz, the iconic New Zealand band which broke up 22 years ago, has re-formed and will soon tour Australia.

The announcement came ahead of a press conference in Melbourne tomorrow at which group members will reveal details of the upcoming tour.

Formed in 1972, the band led by brothers Neil and Tim Finn had hits including I Got You and History Never Repeats, before disbanding in 1984.

Neil Finn and drummer Paul Hester later formed the popular band Crowded House, which itself disbanded in 1996.

Split Enz has only reunited for a couple of one-off shows over the past 22 years, including a performance at last year's annual Australian Record Industry Association (ARIA) Awards after being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

It was their first gig together in 12 years.

Last year, band members also struggled to cope with the death of Hester, who took his own life in Melbourne at the age of 46.

Split Enz, comprising the Finn brothers, Eddie Rayner and Noel Crombie, plus Englishmen Nigel Griggs and Malcolm Green, have in the past said it would take something remarkable to reunite.

Asked by Melbourne newspaper The Age last July if a reunion was on the cards, Rayner said: "It would have to be something pretty special".

While it is known that Split Enz will play arena stages in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth, all other information is being kept under wraps.

SMH
Wow!

AntonTheswan

Emisary Of The Gorgonites
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
HSC
Not that amazing. The finn Brothers tour relatively regularly and a regulars on the festival circuit. They play all the best Split Enz songs but also crowded House (easily the better of the two), Finn Brothers (from Everyone is Here), and Neil Finn solo, (From sinner among others) songs. A split Enz tour is only a way a of appealing to the vast minority who consider it the epitome of the finns Career.

gnrlies

HSC
Evermore will be supporting them at the major entertainment centres around australia and NZ (rod laver, bris and syd ent cent etc). That means I can scab some free passes!!!!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
hahaha good on u shewasthenazz! :):):uhhuh::p

AntonTheswan said:
Not that amazing. The finn Brothers tour relatively regularly and a regulars on the festival circuit. They play all the best Split Enz songs but also crowded House (easily the better of the two), Finn Brothers (from Everyone is Here), and Neil Finn solo, (From sinner among others) songs. A split Enz tour is only a way a of appealing to the vast minority who consider it the epitome of the finns Career.
you dont know a fair lot...fans of the finns are of all ages and appreciate all the varied music they have made over the decades.

i wasnt even born when split enz were formed or when they officially disbanded, but ill be there cause i own a lot of finn music and i know others too who like how they have made all this music over the course of their life/

just because crowded house would be the most likely favourite element of the finns doesnt make the rest of their music redundant- its sort of a journey of theyr music making lives and where it all began for these guys :)

see you all there :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)